Quantcast

adjustable seatpost

BrianHudson

Chimp
Sep 26, 2009
Mobile Alabama
I'm about to buy an adjustable seatpost for my trailbike:confused:. If anybody has any input on which brand is best or lever vs remote please tell me what you thank:help:.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Specialized Command Post. It is a collet style, which means when it locks in place it doesn't rock. Mine had been maintenance free for almost a year. I got it in late February last year.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I have a RS reverb and have loved every minute it has been on my bike. It has slight play at the nose of the saddle but nothing i have ever noticed while riding. Actuation is silky smooth and it is infinitely adjustable. Also you can carry the bike by the seat even when the saddle is compressed without it pulling up.

Bottom line i just love the ease of the hydraulic system and it feels and works great

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
X2 on the reverb i love it both my wife and I have them on our trail bikes and I am extremely rough on equipment . Do not buy a Joplin I had way too many fail on me.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'd do a Hilo but 100mm? Seriously? Way too little IMO. At least for me... I have LONG legs though, so maybe I need more drop than others.

If I were getting one TODAY, it would be a 125mm Reverb. If I could wait a month or two, probably the 150mm version of the KS.

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
Does anyone know of an adjustable post that will fit a 30.0 seat tube diameter? I have a Transition Dirtbag with 30.0 seat tube and haven't seen one that will fit yet... they all seem to be 30.9 or larger.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've had a newer Joplin 4 for a few months and have had no issues. It's the best investment I've made by far.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Gravity Dropper with remote lever. I love it, works great. Other newer designs may have smoother operation, but I haven't used them. My GD does have a bit of slop when I wiggle the saddle by hand, but I don't notice it while riding.

Does anyone know of an adjustable post that will fit a 30.0 seat tube diameter? I have a Transition Dirtbag with 30.0 seat tube and haven't seen one that will fit yet... they all seem to be 30.9 or larger.
The Gravity Dropper comes in 27.2 size, which you could then get a shim to make it fit 30.0.