Quantcast

Adjustable travel single crown

dhcanadian

Chimp
Jan 20, 2013
I'm looking for a new fork for my old hardtail. This bike is kind of a do-it-all bike, some dirtjumps, light downhill and trail rides. I built this bike up really cheap and I have a really old Marzocchi DJ fork on it with 4 inch travel. It does fine for jumping but its useless on any sort of terrain, its a 20mm dropout so I have a wheel for that. I just have the old 1 1/8 headtube. Id build a new wheel if the fork needed it, but i would prefer not too.

Ideally I want something that I can adjust the travel + ride it hard at any travel setting. It would be nice to be able to have a little slacker bike for some of the dh type trails and then shorten the fork and hit some jumps.

I guess my main concern is that a few years ago alot of the adjustable forks could not be riden hard when you brought the travel down and it was more for climbing. Is this still the case? What forks should I be looking into for this.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Lyrik U-Turn coiler. You can ride it hard in any travel setting but the spring becomes a little more progressive when you set it shorter.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Lyrik U-Turn coiler. You can ride it hard in any travel setting but the spring becomes a little more progressive when you set it shorter.
I agree.

I have been riding U-turn for a few years now on various bikes and forks. It's the simplest travel adjustment method, never malfunctions, and using it does not significantly change the feel of the fork.

Not the slickest or the lightest but I like it.