Quantcast

adobe creative studio

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
anyone out there upgrade to it yet?

we just did at work and it's messing with my head. same functionality but moved all the tools around on me.

any other opinions?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yea, my office bought it a while back - the big thing was an upgraded from photoshop 6. I see a few new functionalities, but basically it just looks different and takes longer to load.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Havent upgraded any software in about a year. Dont see a need to. When some feature or group of features come out that expands my capabilities then I will upgrade then. For now I can do my job fine with what I have.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Illustrator CS sucks for cartographers like myself. They changed the entire text engine from a point based type to box based (like Macromedia Freehand). While this allows for better leading and kerning control it absolutely ruins exporting to previous versions of AI and having anything editable.

What happens is al the text becomes segmented once exported to an earlier version.
example: High St ---> H ig h St (where each space represents a different text segment). This change slightly benifits some graphics designer while making every cartographer want to commit seppuku.

Most of my clients still want 10 or older ai files (thank god).

As far as Photoshop and InDesign, the CS versions are fine, I have no problems with them.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
yeah, that's my bitch too is making sure you export to legacy AI files.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I "Bought" it to upgrade right after it was released, it's like all they ever do is add 1 tool or change the navigation. I predict that in a year Adobe will come out with a new version where the only difference is the picture when it's loading, and you know they will call it somthing stupid like "Adobe GT"

PS what did you guys think of the new MX studio

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
firetoole said:
PS what did you guys think of the new MX studio

That's another one I'm debating on upgrading. Are you using it?

I've heard it's easier to work between flash n dreamweaver but macromedia is just as guilty as adobe with these yearly upgrades. :nuts: