Quantcast

Adobe CS4 Master collection ver.2009........WOW!

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
I've only had the time to play with indesign CS4 so far, but man that is so cool. I love that it snaps whatever object your working with to the different centers that are on the page.

So cool

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've only had the time to play with indesign CS4 so far, but man that is so cool. I love that it snaps whatever object your working with to the different centers that are on the page.

So cool
I agree... I was designing a bottle label for my batch of homebrew, and painted a chunk of the label black. When I was moving the text around, it picked up on the fact that I probably wanted it centered within the black area and snapped it there. Awesome :clapping:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I can convert the actual label file later (there's a chunk you can't see wrapped around the side) but this is in my photobucket account:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's quite the expensive piece of software. Good looking label though!
It's not really made for label design. I have Photoshop (not the whole suite) for photography mostly.

Plus, my university gives screaming deals on Photoshop since a whole bunch of classes require it if you're in the college of arts.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Asked for it at work, all I got was a blank stare. Then I said maybe we can lay-off so & so.
I need to be in management.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Plus, my university gives screaming deals on Photoshop since a whole bunch of classes require it if you're in the college of arts.
Adobe's education discount is ridiculously awesome....all you basically need is a .edu email address.

software mark up is nuts! we just bought 20,000 copies of Corel's video editing software for around $2 each and they sell for $100 normally.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Here's the full label... a graphic artist, I am not. But I tried :D. Codesigned with Jenn (and she drew the mouse with a Sharpie for me to photograph and manipulate)

The binary reads "East Carolina Pirates"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You must be a huge fan. I lived in that god-forsaken town for 18 years.
Not as much as you'd think, but it is my brew for the graduation party so it had to be something ECU related ;). I didn't form that bond with the university that some people do with their alma mater.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I didn't form that bond with the university that some people do with their alma mater.
Most Yankees don't. They just come for the great BBQ and lower cost of living. :D

.....and the pleasure of making fun of Southerners while retaining that smug sense of cultural superiority. ;)

I like the label--good job. How's the beer? :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Most Yankees don't. They just come for the great BBQ and lower cost of living. :D
In fairness to ECU, it probably had less to do with the university itself, and more to do with my working 35 hours/week and spending no time on campus that wasn't directly related to my education :p

I like the label--good job. How's the beer? :thumb:
The beer is frickin' awesome. I still have one 12 oz. and one 22 oz. left. I was holding off because IAB made noise about visiting the area and I promised him one. Moving to Raleigh in 4 weeks, though, and dusting off the bike. How far are you from Raleigh?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The beer is frickin' awesome. I still have one 12 oz. and one 22 oz. left. I was holding off because IAB made noise about visiting the area and I promised him one. Moving to Raleigh in 4 weeks, though, and dusting off the bike. How far are you from Raleigh?
Just a little over 30 min, my brutha. :thumb: There's lots of great riding all around the area, and quite a bit more to do than Greenville. You guys will have a great time there, I'm sure. :)