Quantcast

ADR cycles...looks pretty sweet

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
ive never heard of them, but check out the value of thier dh frame.

$1100 for the frame with a romic shock, floating brake, thomson seatpost, and a fsa isis bottom bracket.

the frame itself looks pretty sweet, all the number check out fine with me. 66.5 degree head angle, 150mm rear hub spacing, 100mm bb, 12mm rear axle, 1.5 headtube.

pretty sweet sounding if you ask me, i would only be worried on the stroke and eye to eye of the shock(leverage ratio).

http://www.adrcycles.com/product.html

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I saw the banner ad for those a couple days ago and was looking at it. These may be like the weyless bikes, something about the price to feature ratio just seems askew. Then again they may be awesome bikes at a great price, IH bikes seem to be that way as well. I'm not in the market for a new bike right now so I can't be the guinea pig but sooner or later we'll see a review pop up.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by tartosuc
It looks a lot like the oryx dh02 or the azonic....
probably a asian catalog bike...still good and cheap!
The site says "not a catalog bike". And while the design is the same the stays looks very different. I don't know for sure, just saying.:confused:

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
looks like it would be a tight fit if you wanted to run any other rear shock with a resi on it unless it was remote. wonder if you can swing that linkage around for less inteference with shock body....

julio

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
Originally posted by Lexx D
Yeah same as an old M1
probably one of the ways they keep it cheap. copy the front end and put all the work in the back.

its all right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the azonic/orxy front end. it looks as if the rear as been tampered with and made a bit more burly...but to me...the rear shock is looking alittle small in the pic for 8.2 inches of travel. i guess that whole low leverage ratio thing is for more expensive bikes.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by Swine
...the rear shock is looking alittle small in the pic for 8.2 inches of travel. i guess that whole low leverage ratio thing is for more expensive bikes.
adr - 2.5" stroke, 8.2" travel = 3.28:1
v10 - 2.75" stroke, 10" travel = 3.64:1

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
well, i was thinking more along 3.0 stroke shock, like the fly or dhr.

but, yeah, nothing wrong with a 2.5 stroke...i dont consider that to high of a leverage ratio either...but that romic can use all the help it can get.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by Swine
well, i was thinking more along 3.0 stroke shock, like the fly or dhr.

but, yeah, nothing wrong with a 2.5 stroke...i dont consider that to high of a leverage ratio either...but that romic can use all the help it can get.
they'd probably sell it without a shock if you wanted, then you could put an avy on it.

;) :D