Quantcast

Adrenaline Bikes - reputable?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Hey,
I'm thinking of getting a Yeti 575 to replace my stolen Isis and saw that Adrenaline Bikes has great prices on them (site is currently down. hmmmm. Not a good sign).

Anybody have any experience with Adrenaline Bikes? Good or bad, I want to hear it.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
pixelninja said:
Hey,
I'm thinking of getting a Yeti 575 to replace my stolen Isis and saw that Adrenaline Bikes has great prices on them (site is currently down. hmmmm. Not a good sign).

Anybody have any experience with Adrenaline Bikes? Good or bad, I want to hear it.
Never dealt with them, although the website is up now. they don't list the price for the 575.

You're in CO right? Try Mt High Cyclery here, although they don't carry Yeti, he sells Turner/Ventana. Larry has great deals, and is a heck of a guy.

You could also try SpeedGoat. They have a price match guarantee, and free shipping!

As with any online dealer be sure of what you are getting, what shock, frame size, color etc.

Good Luck,

Marc

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
S.n.a.k.e. said:
Never dealt with them, although the website is up now. they don't list the price for the 575.

You're in CO right? Try Mt High Cyclery here, although they don't carry Yeti, he sells Turner/Ventana. Larry has great deals, and is a heck of a guy.
Not sure where you were looking, but this page has several 575's with different builds and prices:

http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store/index.cfm?do=Browseproducts&CategoryID=49&ParentID=0&CategoryName=SALE STUFF! Bikes, Forks, Wheels, Frames & more!

Mouse Jockey

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
San Diego
I have bought a bunch of components from them in the past. I live in San Diego and their storefront is in Orange County, about 1.5 hours away from me so I drove up to get my stuff. One piece they didn't have in stock was an 8 inch rotor adapter but they shipped it to me when I was on vacation in Denver (parents live where you are). So my experience was good and pleasant. If you are wondering if they have the particular bike you are looking for call them. They have a number and run ads in the back of MBA all the time. Also Beyond Bikes here in San Diego have Yeti's in stock and they price match and are good to deal with.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i imported my karpiel through them.

very good experience, i have nothing but good things to say about them, very friendly and helpful, very low prices, the owner jim is a very patient friendly guy and is a pleasure to talk to, he kept me up to date with the status of my order, even upgraded my wheelset for free, when i had trouble with my original order he sorted it out very quickly and when the karpiel frame actually came he got it sent over the pond very quickly.

he put up with a lot of bother to get the bike sorted out but he remained just as friendly and patient the whole way through.

i give adrenaline bikes 2 thumbs up :thumb: :thumb:

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I spoke with them several times about the 575 build, before I found a different bike. They seemed like good people. They were up front with not being able to get me the shock I wanted, and were willing to swap parts on the build with no problem. Since I didn't follow through with the purchase, I can't say how it turned out. It looks like a pretty nice deal though.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
**** no I sent them a Money Order for some wheels. Well they cashed it but I never recieved my wheels. They even admitted to it. I called them and they said they recieved payment and shipped it. When it never arrived I called for a tracking # and they said they couldn't locate the #. B U L L S H I T!

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
That was a long time ago and was my one and only mail order experience. Seriously though you should support your LBS as much as possible. What happens if you need something now? can't get it from a mail order. What happens if you need a quick fix? mail order can't do it. Just go to a bike shop. A slightly higher price is worth it if you get good service.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
gschuette said:
That was a long time ago and was my one and only mail order experience. Seriously though you should support your LBS as much as possible. What happens if you need something now? can't get it from a mail order. What happens if you need a quick fix? mail order can't do it. Just go to a bike shop. A slightly higher price is worth it if you get good service.
and...... THEIR OFF!!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
gschuette said:
I am not beating a dead horse cause everyone will be sad when the LBS is something we all reminisce about.

I'm just messin with you dude. Dont worry about it. and I dont think it will get to the point of an LBS being somthing to reminisce about, at least not that we will see

Nov 11, 2004
Hi guys, this is Jim, the owner of Adrenaline Bikes. I'd like to address the gentleman above who implies that I received his money in the mail, then attempted to avoid shipping him anything, so that I could steal his money: Since there must be a partial truth here (obviously you did not make the rest of it up), I invite you to call me. I would be more than happy to address your concerns, and to whatever degree that we did actually drop the ball, I will be happy to make it up to you in a way that is sufficient to regain your confidence. (freebies, discount on future purchase, etc.) Seriously; if you really do feel wronged, I don't mind making good on it, (if you would like.) -Jim 1-800-579-8932

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Adrenaline Jim said:
Hi guys, this is Jim, the owner of Adrenaline Bikes. I'd like to address the gentleman above who implies that I received his money in the mail, then attempted to avoid shipping him anything, so that I could steal his money: Since there must be a partial truth here (obviously you did not make the rest of it up), I invite you to call me. I would be more than happy to address your concerns, and to whatever degree that we did actually drop the ball, I will be happy to make it up to you in a way that is sufficient to regain your confidence. (freebies, discount on future purchase, etc.) Seriously; if you really do feel wronged, I don't mind making good on it, (if you would like.) -Jim 1-800-579-8932

Now that is a good way to get business!

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Well I must say that is a classy move. I will not take money from him because I could just be some schmuck trying to get some free cash. That just ain't my style. It was a while ago that it happened but my first post had no lies in it though true story. Right after that I was offered a job at a bike shop and have never looked at mail order since. If anybody calls Jim and tries to take money from him you are a loser. Shame on anyone who tries to get free money. He is offering to do something super cool so don't take advantage.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow, this is shocking...someone in the bike industry who doesn't treat their customers like crap! Jim, if I ever buy anything mail order again, I'll be sure to look for you guys at Adrenaline :thumb:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
gschuette said:
Well I must say that is a classy move. I will not take money from him because I could just be some schmuck trying to get some free cash. That just ain't my style. It was a while ago that it happened but my first post had no lies in it though true story. Right after that I was offered a job at a bike shop and have never looked at mail order since. If anybody calls Jim and tries to take money from him you are a loser. Shame on anyone who tries to get free money. He is offering to do something super cool so don't take advantage.
I say you give him a call and see how cool he really is. Give him a chance to prove himself, then report back to us. Call him and see what happens.

I've already bought my new 575 through my LBS, but I'm very curious to see if Jim stands behind what he posted. That really would be classy.