Quantcast

adult and children lounges?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah... that's what we need to do.

We need to create a zone for the four kids on here that will get three posts a week, create a special, approval-only adult Lounge that will have to be monitored closely and require special approvals for every new member (thus causing 10x the amount of work for the moderators), because a couple people can't turn off the incontrollable urge to post pictures of boobs and anal sex jokes all day.

The Lounge goes through phases. Lately it's been little bit excessive with the bad jokes and it tends to get moderated more during those periods. When that cools off a little, things loosen up. Somehow I don't think the solution is creating a special forum for those who can't exercise self-control.

You can register at the SomethingAwful forums, if you want - anything goes over there.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Maybe make The Lounge adult only, give permission to all established monkeys, remove permission for known minors, and create a MonkeyZone for the kids or something?
You really need to talk about the first time you were ass fvcked THAT bad?

We don't want to hear it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ok, end of discussion, no seperate lounge. Just a thought that SM inspired, no need to get the panties waded up.

You really need to talk about the first time you were ass fvcked THAT bad?

We don't want to hear it.
Oh come on, you know you want it.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
With all the kids posting on here, especially the little offspring of all the monkeys, can we set up a Lounge Forum that requires pre-approval of a moderator? I know it's more work, but there are many monkeys that enjoy being as inappropriate as I do -- stevew can post SFW, but NSFchildren boobie photos all day :D stuff like that?

Maybe make The Lounge adult only, give permission to all established monkeys, remove permission for known minors, and create a MonkeyZone for the kids or something?
I approve of you caring for the children - I disapprove of you stirring up the mods

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Holy Crap. I are thought police... :eek:

L'oopie, I'm just giving you crap because you take it well. :)
Dude, you are the fockin' Dream Police!

(That was one of my first favorite songs so many years ago. My top three favorite songs came from CT, Doors and Yes)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I disapprove of you stirring up the mods
That absolute, truly, and sincerely not my intention. I did not think it through to that point or I probably wouldn't have posted cuz I know the mods are sensitive.

I honestly had no idea -- from lack of conscious thought about the subject.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So, L'oopie, you're basically proposing to make lil'Manimal his very own forum so he can talk to... uh.... himself? Brilliant.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
no need for a separate lounge...i proofread everything that noah will see to make sure it's suitable. i think it's the parent's responsibility more than the mods.
I'm with you. The mods should keep things reasonable, but they shouldn't be responsible for keeping the forums appropriate for someone Noah's age. When you have people that young posting, it's up to the parents to preview for them.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
no need for a separate lounge...i proofread everything that noah will see to make sure it's suitable. i think it's the parent's responsibility more than the mods.
Good to hear. You should be vigilant. There are girls sharing cups out there on the internet, and it's not grape juice in the cup.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:thumb:

Though I personally try to keep my posts everyone friendly. If it's NSFW, I generally won't post it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I like that the thread started with an idea to keep kids from seeing the questionable content on RM has degenerated to the point of being on the verge of becoming part of the aforementioned questionable content.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I like that the thread started with an idea to keep kids from seeing the questionable content on RM has degenerated to the point of being on the verge of becoming part of the aforementioned questionable content.
spreadRep+

The irony is palatable, like a chick who hasn't washed in months.