Quantcast

Adventures in Management

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
OK, so my disdain for my work situation has been evident, however, the more I do this manager thing, the more amusing it becomes.

I have a staff member who has been having great success canvassing for this project that we are doing. Her work started slipping so I started checking up on her production and found some inconsistencies in her reporting.

Turns out she was faking data, and stealing the compensation we offer participants attached to each survey. 30 total. When we questioned her, she stuck to her guns and said that she had no clue why her work looked the way it did, and all the surveys were genuine.

We fired her this morning. People are amazing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is nothing, I worked with a guy who got fired for faking hotel receipts. When traveling for work he would live out of his car and forge hotel receipts so he could pocket the reimbursement. This wasn't for a one night trip, he traveled full time.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Were the cops informed? Losing your job over a weeks wages, you've got to wonder what goes through their minds. Not a lot obviously.
I don't think we are going to get in to pressing charges. Too much work according to the exec. director. I don't care one way or the other as long as she's gone.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
That is nothing, I worked with a guy who got fired for faking hotel receipts. When traveling for work he would live out of his car and forge hotel receipts so he could pocket the reimbursement. This wasn't for a one night trip, he traveled full time.
That sounds like it takes some talent.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
So she's a scientist?

:D
Oh my god. Please don't get me started on the ethical issues that I have been uncovering coming from the medical end of this program. It's enough to make me re-think my career choice. Luckily (?) after conferring with some of the people I graduated with, none of this is unique to my situation. It's time to venture out on my own.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Brilliant!!!!

that Is Nothing, I Worked With A Guy Who Got Fired For Faking Hotel Receipts. When Traveling For Work He Would Live Out Of His Car And Forge Hotel Receipts So He Could Pocket The Reimbursement. This Wasn't For A One Night Trip, He Traveled Full Time.