Quantcast

advice for a 20" NOOB

hev

Chimp
May 18, 2004
somewhere near the apex
I just got my first BMX bike. it's a sweet set up. Joey Garcia pro-model set up for a tall guy like me. I am getting it dialed and am totally loving it. I am really smoove on small jumps, although I have taken a few innocent spills (no traction!).

anyways any advice for an admitted 20" rookie like myself? I want to start hitting bigger gaps, but need to make sure i master the basics first.
thanx
-hev

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yep, the cool thing about bikes is, there are no rules. you don't have to learn one thing before you learn something else.

the best way to learn, is to ride. simple as that.
wearing pads will let you fall all day long so you can spend more time on your bike.

hev

Chimp
May 18, 2004
somewhere near the apex
yeah, i have been riding it every day the last week and hit my first sizeable gap yesterday :thumb: i wussed out and chucked it over the second hit but I can't wait to go back for more. I'll try and gets some pix.

edinSvenson2

Chimp
Feb 10, 2004
If you're trying to get into DJ'ing, I would recommend you try it on your 26" first. If you can DJ a 26 or 24" bike, when you get on that BMX its ****ing cake - your pumps send you so much faster, and your transitions feel so much smoother. Just don't fcuk up and you'll be loving it.

Thats the way it worked for me anyways.

Erin