Quantcast

Advice for a Whistler trip.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
I'm headed to whistler for a week at the end of the month, me and a buddy who's taking the camp are driving up so we can make a few pit stops on the way. my big bike definitely is coming but I'm wondering what little bike to take.(only space for 2) I've got a 20" KHE set up for jumpin and .243 SL hard tail frame on 26" set up for dual/4X. which of these is a better match for whistler's DJ's, parks, etc? or should i pull the bomb-proof 24s out of the basement and put those back on the .243?
any random advice on whistler trips is welcome too.
thanks,
fred

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
Other than the big bike I would take the dual / 4x rig (but thats me and I like squish bikes).....nice effort coming out from roatoke

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Other than the big bike I would take the dual / 4x rig (but thats me and I like squish bikes).....nice effort coming out from roatoke
I believe that when he says Dual he is refeering to Dual Slalom.I do agree though,that is the bike to take.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
Where you staying? I always liked the village inn and suites, not fancy but good enough and CHEAP. Also if you are there for a week, try to ride some of the stuff in Squamish and the trails in Whistler that are not in the bike park...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
Where you staying? I always liked the village inn and suites, not fancy but good enough and CHEAP. Also if you are there for a week, try to ride some of the stuff in Squamish and the trails in Whistler that are not in the bike park...
camping, actually. or if i get lazy in the back of the B.A. van we're taking.

that's an other thing i wanted to ask about. i was planning on riding whistler for 3 days then 2 day off to go ride other trails in the area (maybe make a pilgrimage up to fromme, semour, etc.) then 2 days back on, but i'm flexable. any one going to be riding in the area from sun the 6th-sat the 12th?

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Bring the .243, ride Fromme on it.

Seymour is worth a stop if you have not been there - COMPLETELY differrent than Whistler riding. Big bike.

Ride Garbanzo with the big bike. It opens this weekend and it is awesome!