Quantcast

Advocacy Alert - Saint Edward State Park

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Fellow bikers,

Your presence is needed at two public meetings this week to provide input on land reclassification at Saint Edward State Park.

Thursday, November 9 at 6:30 PM

Saturday, November 11 at 11:00 AM

It is important that you show up and voice your support for ongoing trail access for mountain bikes. Right now it's just important that we pull big numbers in support of bikes. This is needed to put us in a strong position for when we negotiate policy details with the other user groups.

I've created a web page with a summary of the situation. This page can be found by clicking the 'Advocacy' tab on the BBTC site.
http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=190

Please show up and tell everyone you know. Numbers are key.

Sincerely,
Justin Vander Pol
BBTC Executive Director
206-524-2900
justin@bbtc.org

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Hey everyone - the first meeting is tonight at 6:30 and the second is Saturday at 11.

We're ahead of the ball on this one and are poised to preserve mountain bike trail access at the park.

See you there!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just want everyone who's not in the know. From what i gathered this meeting went well and was attended by many many people who were pro biking. It's almost twighlight zone how well things are going at St. Edwards. The powers that be seem to be very welcoming to keeping the trails open to bikes with both proposed plans.

Congrats to us as users making great progress in being good recreational stewards. Because i think 10 years ago under the same meeting, things might have gone the other way, with anti-biking agendas being brought from illogical points of view.

There is a proposed trail that would go down to Lake Washington if we score an absolute touchdown on this. That'd be pretty cool, i might actually show up and ride over there more than once every 5 years.:)

So if you're in the neighborhood up there, show up and say your for biking trails. There are other State Parks that are open to mt. biking and are pretty cool places to ride. Dash Point, Fort Ebey, Wallace Falls. The more we speak up the more opportunity we can have or just plain keep.

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Thanks Skooks and good seeing you on Thursday.

Yes, come out and support biking at Saint Edward State Park. We had a huge showing on Thursday and need a huge showing Saturday. The support they see for biking will help our cause well beyond St. Eddies.

We made quite a statement, let's do it again on Saturday!

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
As an aside here, did I see that McMenamin's is the proposed leasee? So theoretically sometime in the future I might be able to pound out some laps at Big Finn and Ed.s, then have a Terminator afterwards? Nice!