Quantcast

Aerial Pics of Downhill Trail Planning To Build

May 12, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Hi friends, these are some pics of a local DH trail in Utah I have been scoping to build this summer. This trail is very shuttle accesible. Let me know your thoughts, what do you think? Any thing I can do to make it better? Would you suggest any different lines?

If you are in Utah and want to help build, holla at me! :)

Here are the stats:

Miles: 1.52
Vertical Drop: 1,181 Feet

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
That's some pretty cool google-earthin' you got going on there.

It looks like one of the sections goes up hill quite a bit. (third picture with the word 'rockgarden' in it) Maybe if you eliminated one of the switch backs from the start it would put you higher up on the hill?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Make sure you get land manager/owner approval. The last thing we as a sport need is more ammunition that we are irresponsible users.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Zark said:
Make sure you get land manager/owner approval. The last thing we as a sport need is more ammunition that we are irresponsible users.
Party pooper. Next you'll be telling him to obey trafic signals and wear a helmet. :rolleyes:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
jimmydean said:
Party pooper. Next you'll be telling him to obey trafic signals and wear a helmet. :rolleyes:
Maybe you trails aren't threatened by asshats going digging wherever they please, mine are. I reflects badly on us, wherever we are:eviltongu

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Zark said:
Maybe you trails aren't threatened by asshats going digging wherever they please, mine are. I reflects badly on us, wherever we are:eviltongu
Agreed. I was playing asshat for a moment, sorry. :D

I would HOPE if he was posting aerial photos, that the legwork to get permission to build it would have been done in the first place.

The Blackrock Freeride area in Falls City, OR should be used as an example of how to do things right the first time.

"The Blackrock trails are located in Dept. of Forestry land. The trail system is Oregon's first sanctioned freeride area. The trails have dirt jumps, ladder rides, drops, and jumps, log rides and a 12-13' cliff drop. It is a three mile climb with 1,300 ft. of elevation gain to the peak, but there are various trails to choose from on the climb up to make a shorter climb. There is constant trail maintenence & construction so please inspect stunts before riding. The stunts are moderately difficult depending on your skill level, however paths around each obstacle are provided for those who wish to skip a given section. The Blackrock Trails have almost 1000 acres of land we can build on. If you are interested in working on existing trail, or wish to found your own trail, please do not build without permission."

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zark said:
Shoot, I wish I could FIND the land manager for my little spot! Sometimes you have no choice but to build at night, and ride when no ones looking.

And are those photos from regular old Google Earth or a better version?