Quantcast

African hunting safari... in Ohio?!?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Surprised at the stuff people are allowed to do. Also surprised that the first response is to kill the animals. Needless to say, police are probably not the ones to best handle the situation.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh yeah, just call the highly trained and well equipped animal control officers in rural ohio.... :D

Hopefully they can bring somebody in who can treat the animals carefully as they round them up...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Did anyone read the article: "Staffers from the Columbus Zoo went to the scene, hoping to tranquilize and capture the animals."

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I just hope they're not tossing away all those animals they had to kill. I could go for some lion burgers, roasted giraffe leg, or maybe some tiger bacon.

Mmmmm... exotic animal bacon :D

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Btw, does anyone know the whereabouts of GFF?
Something about meeting a lady in Tahoe for a cup o' joe.

So he's probably locked in mortal combat with a bear on the side of the road or being swept towards a waterfall or being chased by a river of magma. You know just regular GFF stuff.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

Just look for her, she can always find you your missing animals.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
this story is a wet dream.....
How is shooting tame exotic animals entertaining? I've worked with large raptors and mammals before (150+ hrs), they don't act anything like wild ones do (I've been to Africa and Central America too). Hunting captive animals is retarded - on a ranch, escaped, or otherwise. It would be about as thrilling as shooting your neighbor's dog.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
its alot more thrilling than you would think
Its more thrilling working with live ones or seeing wild animals up close on safari, as I said I've done both. Killing captive animals is not sport and its certainly more of a challenge to capture escaped ones alive.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I love how everyone is crying for the endangered animals. If I had a fugging tiger on my back porch I would not be calling the zoo. Mountain lions are scary enough.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Sad, but even Jack Hannah thought it was the best course of action for the time.

On a side note.. I think Chuck Testa's business is gonna spike this month.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
something tells me the family shouldnt get them back :think:
Six exotic animals released by a U.S. man who then killed himself will be quarantined instead of being returned to the man's wife, the office of Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Thursday.
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium had said it was trying to stop Marian Thompson from reclaiming three leopards, two primates and a young grizzly bear that it has cared for since last week, when Terry Thompson mysteriously set them and dozens of others free into the surrounding countryside. Startled deputies who responded to the scene shot and killed most of them, including rare Bengal tigers, amid fears that some would attack residents.
The Ohio Agriculture Department ordered the quarantine for the six surviving animals. The zoo said it took the animals with Marian Thompson's permission but has no legal rights to them.
Disputed exotic pets in US to be quarantined - Yahoo! News

Last edited: