boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
****ty day.

4yrs of school
1 relocation
1 mortgage
4 pets

My ability to make her happy is trumped by the stress from her job. Her love of her job trumps that stress.

She left town for a week not too long ago...when she came back, I thought I'd be refreshed, and capable of handling my role. She worked 73hrs the week she came back and was a complete nervous wreck.

I leave for Colo Springs in 4 days for a week. Not quite sure how this is going to go down.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When she's sitting at some pointless corporate awards ceremony, picking cat hair off her business suit and wondering if anyone's responded to her LinkedIn personal ad, I imagine she'll regret prioritizing her career over her personal life.

The rat race is a hell of a drug.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Good luck dude! this is a hell of a time of year to be dealin with that shlt. went through the same thing exactly a year ago and the RM crowd helped me out alot. Just keep your head up and remember its for the best.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sucks dude. And to top it off your heading to the Springs. This town is no Austin, in fact, its kind of the opposite. Bringing a bike? Its gonna be cold and there might be snow, but I can show you a couple places to ride. Nothing like a bike ride to clear your mind. I'll buy first beer.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
At least you didn't get married. My wife and I just got divorced a few months ago after 7 years together and 2 years of marriage.

I know how you feel. Go have fun with your friends and enjoy life, it gets so much better!!!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My exwife and I split after 7 years married too. Something about that damned number.

She did the same thing, chose her job over our marriage in the long run. Yea, I guess I could have knuckled down and taken it for a few more years, but I was super unhappy.

Give it some time. It gets better, the girls get younger, and the panties just seem to fall off easier for the wounded bird.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
At least you didn't get married. My wife and I just got divorced a few months ago after 7 years together and 2 years of marriage.

I know how you feel. Go have fun with your friends and enjoy life, it gets so much better!!!
damn I didn't know that happened. Sorry to hear it yo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yes, married and kids would have made things much worse. Better to split now than later. Sucks, but enjoy some selfish time and it will be good in the end.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sorry to hear. Corporate life kills.
:stupid: (and I mean no disrespect to my elders ;) ) I am not sure that I but into this "7 year itch" theory. After 7 years of marriage (and 9 years together) my husband and I decided to have a baby...we've been VERY happily married 11 years and together for 13...when it's right, it's right.

Sorry about your situation, I hope everything works out for you.

Edit: Upon reflection: Do what's right for you too...it seems like you are working very hard to please your mate...what is best for you? Sometimes you do need to think about yourself and no, that doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human and a better man for knowing yourself so well!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
7 years is a looong time. Things will get better, just hop on the bike a shralp some trails.

and post some pics of said ex