Quantcast

After Christmas Bike Sale

Bog Dogs

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
Grove City, FL, USA
BMX bikes seem to be good presents for the X-mas season so I'm guessing that is why I see sales on the big websites. However, since BMX resides heavily in southern states where the weather is warmer, then sales might remain high during Jan thru Mar.

My question is: Should I wait until after Christmas to look for deals or should I buy now? :confused:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
BMX bikes seem to be good presents for the X-mas season so I'm guessing that is why I see sales on the big websites. However, since BMX resides heavily in southern states where the weather is warmer, then sales might remain high during Jan thru Mar.

My question is: Should I wait until after Christmas to look for deals or should I buy now? :confused:
not sure if you should bank on pre/post christmas, but i do know it is common to have sales when the next year models come out. you should be able to find some 2010 models on serious discount. if there are still old year models available at a discount, you should buy it when you see it, because they will sell out.

Last edited:

Bog Dogs

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
Grove City, FL, USA

Those are sweet choices but with shipping they will likely come out to more than 300.

I did find this however - https://www.jrbicycles.com/storefront/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3141

What do you think? Pretty good bike? Free Shipping.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Check out your local shops. I know a place that has an Eastern 24" cruiser for around $300 brand new, down from something like $475. Look around for places that have overstock on old models and you can probably find a deal out there!

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i frequently see DK Cygnus 24" and Haro Backtrail 24" on craigslist for about $150 or $180. the Backtrail would be too heavy for racing, but the Cygnus would be fine.