Quantcast

After some work and stress in the rain, I finished

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I finished renovating my woods that is. ;) It happened that a few of my things were about a foot onto my neighbor's property. They didnt mind it really, but they did say they were gonna build a fence for their dog. I decided to move everything onto my side of the line, and in the process built some new stuff.

This is not really next to the line, but it's the new stream corssing that we're gonna use to enter the woods. Kinda wet right now... Really meant for summer.

Here's how everything looks from the start of the ladder. Left leads to down drop/big roll in, middle leads to upward slanted drop and roll in to the jump, right leads to the new drop. That little starting piece is just a temporary.

Left is the new drop, middle is the roll in to the jump/up drop, right is the down drop.

Here's the new drop, a bit over 6 feet tall, gap size of about 6 feet or more. Speed is needed... Looks kinda badly built but it's actually quite nice.

Stay tuned because when the weather clears I'll have video.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
MMcG said:
Is all of this on your property? did you have help with it?
Everything is now. My neighbors didnt mind that a bit was on their side, they are pretty cool. I worked with a friend or two for about half of the time, some of that in the rain. Now I want it to stop raining so I can ride it!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
good thing you have neighbors that dont mind what you are doing...i know a few who have neighbors who HATE they have a 4 pack in their yard and complain and complain and complain til blue in the face...

looks like fun :)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Oh, it is fun, good practice too. My neighbors also currently allow us to enter through their driveway and side yard, the stream crossing will go into use when the fence goes up. They gave us a fair warning, far in advance. They are the police cheif and maybe a FBI worker... I feel safe where I live. If you're ever coming up to b'ham, just let me know.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
That is an excellent backyard! How much land are you on? I am considering doing the same thing myself next year.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
johnbryanpeters said:
That shot of the crossing by the culvert is beautiful.
I worked hard to find the right rocks to use where there is no ladder. Maybe when it dries up I'll get a shot of how all the rocks go together. Maybe I'll take pics of the rest of the stuff I have in there just to show it off to all of you. Slackers... ;)

My friend fell off the corner part of the stream crossing into the rocks/stream because it was wet. That would have been great video.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! :thumb: Glad to see someone else has some stunts built in their yard :D
My woods, not the yard, the woods... Jumps go in the yard, as you can see in the pictures. And to correct everyone, it's technically not my backyard, it's to the side of the house, the garden and apple trees are in the back. In spring/summer there is some good riding at my house. I have about 1.4 acres of land. The woods is actually a quite small area.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Nice! I'll have to come over and ride sometime when I'm home. btw, I still owe you for the bashguard, I kind of spaced so I was waiting for my tax return to pay for that and my old Haro frame at the same time. Want to make me a new one and I'll pay you $30?