Quantcast

After we rebuild Iraq, we take on the Prince of Darkness

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Lieutenant-General William G Boykin uses the pulpit as...well....a pulpit to "rally the troops"(?)

i'm checking to see if there's a UCMJ violation here somewhere

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
"Well you know what I knew, that my God was bigger than his," said Lt Gen Boykin. "I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol."
How can he get away with saying that when Rush got toasted for saying something less offensive about McNabb? At least Rush's comment could've been taken in different ways. Boykin, heh, Boykin... say it with me, I knew you could... is clearly spewing hate (based on that one quote).

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

rummy leads the press corps in "Onward Christian Solders (Marching on to War)"

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ok, did you guys read the article or not?

he was speaking to CHURCH CONGREGATIONS.

I think that's perfectly acceptable in that context. Once again, the media headlines dont match the actual story. Next.:rolleyes:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Ok, did you guys read the article or not?

he was speaking to CHURCH CONGREGATIONS.

I think that's perfectly acceptable in that context. Once again, the media headlines dont match the actual story. Next.:rolleyes:
Nice logic Shirley....so if I'm talking to the Aryan Brotherhood calling black people "n*****s" is OK. More clueless than usual and usual is very clueless.:rolleyes: ;)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Nice logic Shirley....so if I'm talking to the Aryan Brotherhood calling black people "n*****s" is OK. More clueless than usual and usual is very clueless.:rolleyes: ;)
The dude's a christian talking to other christians. What right do you or i have to say about what he preaches? If his faith lends credit to his military abilities, than so be it. If its detrimental, than it should be dealt with. Muslim and Christian religions are equally unaccepting of one another, what's the news here? This article took a guy's sermon out of context and tiwisted it to fit a controversial news article. Happens all the time. I think you dont have any idea what you're talking about, yet again, becuase you're so anti-everything that makes a bit of sense that you wouldnt see something for what it is if it bit you on the ass.

:rolleyes:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
The dude's a christian talking to other christians. What right do you or i have to say about what he preaches? If his faith lends credit to his military abilities, than so be it. If its detrimental, than it should be dealt with. Muslim and Christian religions are equally unaccepting of one another, what's the news here? This article took a guy's sermon out of context and tiwisted it to fit a controversial news article. Happens all the time. I think you dont have any idea what you're talking about, yet again, becuase you're so anti-everything that makes a bit of sense that you wouldnt see something for what it is if it bit you on the ass.

I see you are far too dense to see the point, ho-hum, what else is new. Did you read the part where he's addressing the congregation in his uniform? This guy is not only being incredibly intolerant he is also ignorant of basic facts, no wonder you like him. An intolerant bigot without a clue, gives you a stiffy I'm sure Shirly.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I see you are far too dense to see the point, ho-hum, what else is new. Did you read the part where he's addressing the congregation in his uniform? This guy is not only being incredibly intolerant he is also ignorant of basic facts, no wonder you like him. An intolerant bigot without a clue, gives you a stiffy I'm sure Shirly.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Let's just have a smilie contest.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :devil: :devil: :eek: :cool: :cool: :D :D :) :( :( :o: :o: :p :p :mad: :mad: :monkey: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :devil: :angry: :angry: :dead: :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Let's just have a smilie contest.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :devil: :devil: :eek: :cool: :cool: :D :D :) :( :( :o: :o: :p :p :mad: :mad: :monkey: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :devil: :angry: :angry: :dead: :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I accept your concession;) :D
Anyway you dullard that was I see your rolleyes and I raise you a rolleyes:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If the guy was also a registered military chaplain and he was giving a sermon and what he said could be backed up by the bible, then it'd be ok.

Is he a Chaplain?

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
Their God tells them if they die killing Americans they go to their heaven and get 69 virgins. And you people rip on an American for calling that a work of Satan???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by nydave
Their God tells them if they die killing Americans they go to their heaven and get 69 virgins. And you people rip on an American for calling that a work of Satan???
so you're saying that going to heaven and getting 69 virgins is a bad thing :confused:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
So Boykin's god is bigger than Osama's god. Great, doesn't that dumbass Boykin see that is what got us into the situation in the first place?

Also, he shouldn't be wearing the uniform if he's speaking in a church.

You want to bet his ass would be canned in about 2 seconds if he wore his uniform and spoke at a gay pride parade?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
because we are a christian nation, also because they despise the fact that we support Israel too. I guess that makes USA evil?

Show me in the constitution where it says the United States is a Christian nation.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Silver
So Boykin's god is bigger than Osama's god. Great, doesn't that dumbass Boykin see that is what got us into the situation in the first place?

Also, he shouldn't be wearing the uniform if he's speaking in a church.

You want to bet his ass would be canned in about 2 seconds if he wore his uniform and spoke at a gay pride parade?
This was in Iraq i believe, No other clothes may be worn by servicemembers than uniforms, even at these mock churches.

And you're right about the gay thing. The military hires chaplains to accompany troops through their service, not gay rights activists. IF a general were openly gay, he'd lose command of his troops; and hence, be useless.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN

Show me in the constitution where it says the United States is a Christian nation.
Dave is "technically" wrong, though not actually. Either way, the VAST majority of the US military is christian....and that's to whom he was speaking... a christian congeregation.

But just to be fair. The US military also hires jewish, and muslim chaplains.

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
but don't try and tell me that it isn't abnormal behavior. The US military has a policy..it's called "don't ask, don't tell". Preaching at a gay rights rally would be "telling". I got to stay off this "political forum" because some of you are making me sick.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
BurlySurly, Boykin isn't a chaplain, and he wasn't speaking in Iraq.

Like I said, if he's going to speak like this in churches, the uniform needs to come off.

MSNBC Link

Still, the uniform he was wearing is authorized for that use. He can say what he wants in church regardless of whether you think its ok or not. He doesnt have to be chaplain to express his opinion on god. I was merely mentioning chaplains to show that the US endorses religion in certain respects.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
but don't try and tell me that it isn't abnormal behavior. The US military has a policy..it's called "don't ask, don't tell". Preaching at a gay rights rally would be "telling". I got to stay off this "political forum" because some of you are making me sick.
lets not start this one in here.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Still, the uniform he was wearing is authorized for that use. He can say what he wants in church regardless of whether you think its ok or not. He doesnt have to be chaplain to express his opinion on god. I was merely mentioning chaplains to show that the US endorses religion in certain respects.
So you'd be cool if a Muslim Lt. General (that is another thing that is important here: This isn't an NCO or a low level officer) of the US military told a group of people in a mosque that Allah was truly greater than the Jewish God, and that Allah would overcome all?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
So you'd be cool if a Muslim Lt. General (that is another thing that is important here: This isn't an NCO or a low level officer) of the US military told a group of people in a mosque that Allah was truly greater than the Jewish God, and that Allah would overcome all?
yes.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i mean honestly BS... could we expect you to have any other opinion other that what the military tells you ???... you work for the military and have to agree with this shiat... if not, you re in the poop... i d like to hear your stand on this IF you had never joined the military and weren t FORCED to tow the line...

the officer (?) or military official WAS out of line... no two questions about it... fvcking muslims are the devil ?@#%^$% what propoganda cr@p is this... lecturing to a bunch of sheltered christians, telling them what they want / need to hear... who the fvck is he to question the morals of someones relegion... i m not saying that there aren t some screwed up muslims out there, granted there are... but last time i looked there are some so called 'christians' who are that far out of it that it isn t funny... lecture if you want you clown, but leave ya uniform off...

HALLELUAAHHHHHHH :rolleyes:

parts

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Are you saying killing Americans is okay?
Are you saying killing Arabs is okay?

Sorry Burly, but you know I'm on this one like flies on horsesh!t...
I hate to point out the obvious, but it IS possible to both be heterosexual AND speak at a gay rights rally. And I'm sorry we're making you sick. Want a hug to make it feel all better?

The political forum is here so we can all offend each other, and then have a good laugh about it. If that's too much sand in your mangina then you're right, you should probably stick to the tech sections.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
so tell me moony (not bright enough to be called sunny), does separation of church and state only work to the favor of the liberal snots in the country? because it seems to me that this man was giving a sermon, thus, aimed at "the church" and therefore he is able to speak whatever religious phrases he wishes. the fact that he's wearing his uniform has absolutely nothing to do with his right to speak such things. and what basic facts is he so ignorant of? he's there...you're not, i'm sure your media connections are far more credible when it comes to war :rolleyes:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by manimal
so tell me moony (not bright enough to be called sunny), does separation of church and state only work to the favor of the liberal snots in the country? because it seems to me that this man was giving a sermon, thus, aimed at "the church" and therefore he is able to speak whatever religious phrases he wishes. the fact that he's wearing his uniform has absolutely nothing to do with his right to speak such things. and what basic facts is he so ignorant of? he's there...you're not, i'm sure your media connections are far more credible when it comes to war :rolleyes:
Freedom of religion is a subset of freedom of speech. Now, since BS works in the propaganda arm :-)D ) of the Marines if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure that he will confirm that as long as you're wearing that uniform, you don't have freedom of speech.

When he is wearing that uniform, he speaks with the authority of the armed forces, like it or not. I know it, and more importantly, the general knows it too.

I'm not sure how being liberal has any bearing on how separation of church and state works, anyways. Funny how it is seldom an issue if the state if promoting a religion that they agree with. I've said in the past that I can't wait until we have a Scientologist elected to some important office...I can't wait to see how important that separation becomes for some people.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
the fact that he's wearing his uniform has absolutely nothing to do with his right to speak such things.
wasn't there an argument just recently about a member of the military attending a peace rally during wartime? And shee-it, he wasn't even wearing his uniform, but he still got in trouble.

so tell me moony, does freedom of speech only work to the favor of the conservative snots in the country?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Now I realise you've just had a lobotomy to enter the force (un-necessary in your case) but this is a new low for even one such as you who I thought couldn't go any lower. The guy is a bigot pure and simple, moreover he's a bigot with power over the very people he despises. He calls Allah an "idol", anyone with even a little bit of knowledge is aware that Muslims, Christians and Jews pray to the same god. I guess you don't even have a little bit of knowledge, but I knew that already, you've proved it countless times. Now I know that bigotry is something you and your ilk hold dear to your little black hearts, but really porky it is unacceptable and as much as you'd like to spurt out your vile little tracts of vitriol free of censure it ain't gonna happen. Now go oil ya truncheon orificer.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
He calls Allah an "idol", anyone with even a little bit of knowledge is aware that Muslims, Christians and Jews pray to the same god.
I'm not going to touch the rest of the post, however, this statement is misleading. It really depends on who you talk to. Not condoning the General's speech on this one (or condemning it) but just saying that this is a blanket statement and really does not give the issue any of the complexity it deserves.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
so tell me moony (not bright enough to be called sunny
coming from a wannbe cop... i ve heard it all now

i think i ll call you sean hannity from now on manimal... either that of a conservative who walks with his head up his a$$.... wait on a second... they are one and the same right ?>$%#&#$^

partsbara

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I've said in the past that I can't wait until we have a Scientologist elected to some important office...I can't wait to see how important that separation becomes for some people.
Its funny you say that, because you know as well as i, that if this were a muslim general saying these things, You and the rest of these peace mongers would be all over protecting his freedom of speech.

Listen, the dude said it to a church. The uniform he is wearing is authorized for that purpose by the DoD. He's served as an honorable man, with no marks for crusading on his record. I see no reason for all the fuss.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Its funny you say that, because you know as well as i, that if this were a muslim general saying these things, You and the rest of these peace mongers would be all over protecting his freedom of speech.

Listen, the dude said it to a church. The uniform he is wearing is authorized for that purpose by the DoD. He's served as an honorable man, with no marks for crusading on his record. I see no reason for all the fuss.
Not if he had a uniform on, I wouldn't. I'd be on his ass just as quickly.

Peace monger, I like that :)
Has a nice ring to it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by partsbara
coming from a wannbe cop... i ve heard it all now

i think i ll call you sean hannity from now on manimal... either that of a conservative who walks with his head up his a$$.... wait on a second... they are one and the same right ?>$%#&#$^

partsbara
what part of sworn officer is "wannabe" by the way?