Quantcast

After work Tiger ride Thursday

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Some of us are heading up in the afternoon tomorrow for as dusk ride. Meeting in the parking lot (lower) 4pm, hitting the fireroad by 4:15. We are bringing lights just in case. Not sure how fast we'll climb or how many times we'll re-group on the way down.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Some of us are heading up in the afternoon tomorrow for as dusk ride. Meeting in the parking lot (lower) 4pm, hitting the fireroad by 4:15. We are bringing lights just in case. Not sure how fast we'll climb or how many times we'll re-group on the way down.
I'm there and I know exactly how fast I will be climbing :o: :think: :(

Thanks for the JG loops it was nice out.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Just plugged the night-light in for charging. I'll be ready!

BTW - today was stormy and icky up in the Muk-land...any word as to what the whether might serve us down in Tiger-land?

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Word on the streets is that Ole' Tiges' is getting shut down. Yeah apparently some mtber's were making whoop in the back of there car and got caught by the state super troops while he was making a drive through the parking lot, and coincidentally when the trooper stepped out of his vehicle another mtber's dog attacked the officer. The trooper then fired his weapon on the poor pup, thus startling a large group of mtber's who came running out the woods while in the middle of a heavy reef sesh only to unveil to the trooper yet another example of breakin the law....mtb style. All in all resulting in the denial of the mtb traffic at the once hallowed ground that is Tiger Mt.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I may join you, I was thinking of doing Lake Sawyer today anyway. Got into town last night. I have to get the bike put together though. I'll be here through Monday. What other rides are going on through the weekend?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Vno said:
I may join you, I was thinking of doing Lake Sawyer today anyway. Got into town last night. I have to get the bike put together though. I'll be here through Monday. What other rides are going on through the weekend?
Cool. I'll be in a red Chevy S-10 (riding silver Burner). We are going to try and be riding by 4:15pm to get done before it gets too dark.

I was going to hit Gailby on Saturday, but my favorite leader is out sick :( I know I'm riding Saturday, but not sure were.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We're hitting Tiger Friday. Have fun everyone that's going today! Please post how the conditions were!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
We're hitting Tiger Friday. Have fun everyone that's going today! Please post how the conditions were!
Okay! What time are you heading up?

I'll tell you this now, the hill is still there :dead:

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
I hit it up last night....it was awesome! We didn't start riding till 7:00, and I thought it was going to be miserable. it turned out to be a lot of fun, and suprisingly dry. Have fun!

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
Tiger is a pretty good climb, isn't it! I brought the Gemini this time so maybe I won't do Sawyer. I'd hate to overdo today and not be able to ride tomorrow. See you at 4:15.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
What! I'm going to be the only chick there :eviltongu
Sorry darlin - it was only another 45-50 minutes - but that makes me too late to catch y'all on a ride....today was not a fun day at the office - it was hard!!!

I'm on one of those cycles again where I seem to be doing 60+ hours of work per week....fortunately they only last about two months before I start to burn out :dead:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Ride was good :) The climb is getting easier each time :thumb:

The trail is in a great shape, nice and tacky. There are some mud puddles in a few spots but nothing huge.

Big props to a lady friend Toshi brought on the ride :cool: It was her first time on a mt. bike, she raced road a while back. She did super on all the wet roots and rocks! Did I mention she was riding a fully ridged bike from the late 80's with V-Brakes? :thumb:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the cool thing is she wants to do it again. possibly after buying a new bike. hmm.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Sweet! It sounds like y'all had so much fun! :(

I gotta get down there next week and play! I might have to do a super early morning run next weekend before I head to the parents' place.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Awsome ride, new peep was an impressive rider given the equipment. Sounds like she had fun and will be back for more, she will be great on future rides. To those who were sick or had extended work obligations (skooki, JB) we missed you. Tiger ride #2 for me this year and it was perfect out. :thumb: :thumb: