Quantcast

Again with the early... Tuesday GMT

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
GM monkeys

taking the bigger dog to the orthopedic vet today to see if her hip problem can be treated so that she's not hobbling about. fingers crossed.

time for coffee and coffee. maybe some eggs.
We had an osteopath vet go over Wilma for an evaluation and treatment. The next day it was like she was 5 years younger!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Cleaned out the last remaining hidey hole part of the basement from the prior owners. Blech. Smelled like ass and is still filthy. Needs to be bathed in bleach, maybe fire.

Anyway, off to troubleshoot a wifi outage before work can commence.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
4:20 and awake. FTS.
Pfft amateur, I seem to wake at 3:50 something every day lately.

Power is going to be off between 8A and 3P today as they repair stuff from last week's wildfire, I guess. That's going to make work tricky.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

Cleaned out the last remaining hidey hole part of the basement from the prior owners. Blech. Smelled like ass and is still filthy. Needs to be bathed in bleach, maybe fire.

Anyway, off to troubleshoot a wifi outage before work can commence.
I have the weirdest temp Wi-Fi outage issue, I have a remote operated power point to turn on a little amplifier for outdoor speakers. If you use the remote power point it makes the router in another room re-boot, it's not the remote that does it and it will only happen if the amplifier is plugged in, weird.
You can plug the amp in and out of a normal power point and nothing bad happens.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Currently at the tire place getting four new Coopers put on my shitbox. I ran five easy miles on the high school track this morning and my Garmin lost its goddamn mind. The distance was accurate though, strangely enough.

Screenshot_20230404_074928_Strava.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
some more sweet spot training this morning, shopping for pants, then heading into work for work.

my shit is still in my shopping cart on ebay, so it looks like weird shifters and durace derailleurs for breakfast.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Pfft amateur, I seem to wake at 3:50 something every day lately.

Power is going to be off between 8A and 3P today as they repair stuff from last week's wildfire, I guess. That's going to make work tricky.
That's when I wake. 4:10-4:20 is about when I drag myself out of bed after giving up on sleeping more.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
MWF it's up at 0315 TTH 0515. Today is an easy day, lots of miles to be driven but on 6 transports. I think I shall stop at Costco on my way home and pick out some new frames then place an order for glasses.
Yeah, but you've only got yourself to blame for those hours :p

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Am trying to do better this month and am failing. I was trying to not buy anything all month and that lasted 3 days. I blame the wife as she thought the onesie was awesome, then wanted me to get the skully flannel for Bman's birthday. But I haven't bought anything for me, so maybe I'm still ok.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Le work.

Had three beers last night, one of which was 10%. I'm a weak beer drinker now. :dead:

Girlfriend has a partial herniated disk in her back, so that sucks. I'm on lifting duty now.

Coffeeing it now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

I shall be a reasonable person and drive in today as it snowed a tiny bit

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fuck buying from those places; Like Harbor Freight's merch, it's all junk.
I wholeheartedly agree, on the Wish and Alibaba part.

Some stuff at Harbor Freight is justifiable. Ive had no issue with the rubber wheel chocks, impact sockets, or welding cart I got there. Their stuff isn't always bad and the warranty is exceptional. Are they my first choice? No, but they have their place, especially since the majority of hand tools you can actually buy in store these days are the same trash.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Chinesium durace, knockoff or actual Dura-Ace? :p
10 year old dura ace...with chinese pulleys
Fuck buying from those places; Like Harbor Freight's merch, it's all junk.
LOL, boomers sold all of our industry to china, then get mad when zoomers figure out how to cut out the middle man and buy direct from china. There's nothing sweeter than hearing my dad say "Keep paying that social security" and replying "Vote republican and cut the program". He was one of the first to ship American industry overseas- I'll never forget how proud he was to have cut out an Oregon welding firm because he was able to get a cheaper product from China. Turns out the sample was spectacular and the actual product was so bad that it set timelines back for the whole company (after he retired of course). He cost Americans jobs all for that sweet sweet capitalism and a slightly lower bottom line.

I will never feel bad about buying direct from China when half our shit gets made there and resold to us for an astronomical profit. I'm not into knockoffs, but there are plenty of products made there that get resold to white people who are too afraid to buy direct. I will also gladly buy the American made products I can afford direct from real vendors, but I'm not going to feel bad about cutting out FSA or SRAM's cut of the profits.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
10 year old dura ace...with chinese pulleys

LOL, boomers sold all of our industry to china, then get mad when zoomers figure out how to cut out the middle man and buy direct from china. There's nothing sweeter than hearing my dad say "Keep paying that social security" and replying "Vote republican and cut the program". He was one of the first to ship American industry overseas- I'll never forget how proud he was to have cut out an Oregon welding firm because he was able to get a cheaper product from China. Turns out the sample was spectacular and the actual product was so bad that it set timelines back for the whole company (after he retired of course). He cost Americans jobs all for that sweet sweet capitalism and a slightly lower bottom line.

I will never feel bad about buying direct from China when half our shit gets made there and resold to us for an astronomical profit. I'm not into knockoffs, but there are plenty of products made there that get resold to white people who are too afraid to buy direct. I will also gladly buy the American made products I can afford direct from real vendors, but I'm not going to feel bad about cutting out FSA or SRAM's cut of the profits.
hAvE YoU TrIeD CuTtInG BaCk oN ThE AvAcAdO ToAsT

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I wholeheartedly agree, on the Wish and Alibaba part.

Some stuff at Harbor Freight is justifiable. Ive had no issue with the rubber wheel chocks, impact sockets, or welding cart I got there. Their stuff isn't always bad and the warranty is exceptional. Are they my first choice? No, but they have their place, especially since the majority of hand tools you can actually buy in store these days are the same trash.
when the jack on the work van failed, I was able to walk 15 minutes to a HF and pick up an 8 ton bottle jack for $38 . Got the tire changed just before it started dumping rain. Looked around while I was there. nothing I would buy for myself.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Morning
Filled in for a coworker at a BNI meeting morning. I don’t know how he does it. BNI is some bull shit networking thing. It was tough to listen to.

FTS levels are high. Thankfully Rezn is blasting my my headphones.

I happily buy many tools from Harbor Freight. Most tool are made in China, so why pay more for them else where? Their no questions asked warranty is great. I’ve broken many things from there mainly due to my own poor use and have gotten replacements quickly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey, I'm guilty as all hell. I bought Chinese counterfeit shoes simply because Nike is a bastard. They released the most iconic skate shoe of my era and only made 50k pair (the Jordan 3 reimagined got 400k pair). It was a lottery to get them and they all went to resellers and YouTubers. They were $220 retail which is ridiculous to begin with. But now?

Screenshot_20230403-130642.png

So yes, I paid $60 for a pair from China. :rofl:

I was prepared to pay retail, but they are unobtanium.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey, I'm guilty as all hell. I bought Chinese counterfeit shoes simply because Nike is a bastard. They released the most iconic skate shoe of my era and only made 50k pair (the Jordan 3 reimagined got 400k pair). It was a lottery to get them and they all went to resellers and YouTubers. They were $220 retail which is ridiculous to begin with. But now?

View attachment 191978

So yes, I paid $60 for a pair from China. :rofl:

I was prepared to pay retail, but they are unobtanium.
that is dumb as shit on ALL FRONTS

edit: also those shoes are ugly. basically white boomer shoes.

Last edited: