Quantcast

AGGG! what is wrong with my computer?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
the out line of the msn thing that pops up when you use the button at the top of my key board that automaticly brings up msn isnt going away. its lame, and it wont go away... see \/

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Potroast88 said:
I think the technical term is "its busted"
No no no. Busted refers to hardware. This is obviously a software issue so I believe he is HOSED.

Back when I was working on the helpdesk we had this big sign... "Shut up and REBOOT"... usually worked. If it doesn't I would try a different keyboard, and/or (if you installed them) removing the keyboard drivers.

And what's with all the crap running in your sys tray? I bet you could kill half of those.

Of course you have a key/button programed to bring up MSN so this may just be karma.
splat said:
I see the problem, your running Winblows !
You better be running Linux/Unix and not CrApple.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
that was my first thought also, but my comuper is defragmenting, which is probably why im having this problem, and why i cant restart.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
that was my first thought also, but my comuper is defragmenting, which is probably why im having this problem, and why i cant restart.
Uh, you should run your defrag program when you are away from the computer and have all programs shut down.

Otherwise, it is both much less effective, and tends to restart a lot since you're moving data around. And, as you noticed, it slows your computer down a lot.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
binary visions said:
Uh, you should run your defrag program when you are away from the computer and have all programs shut down.

Otherwise, it is both much less effective, and tends to restart a lot since you're moving data around. And, as you noticed, it slows your computer down a lot.

Bingo