Quantcast

Ah Egg Drop Soup

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
binary visions said:
Ugh. Egg drop soup is nasty.

How can you eat something with the consistancy of mucus?
How do you like your chicken embryo normally? Ever really check out an over easy egg?

Anyway it's only goopy if they load up the msg or other thickener.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
OGRipper said:
How do you like your chicken embryo normally?
Scrambled. And not just scrambled, but cooked pretty well. Over easy eggs are disgusting. :D

Anyway it's only goopy if they load up the msg or other thickener.
I'm not an expert on the subject anyway :p - the one and only time I had egg drop soup, I was eating at an otherwise really, really excellent Chinese restaurant in London. As I said, it had the consistancy of mucous and ever since then, I've refused to try it.

jvp108

king of the road
Mar 21, 2006
filthadelphia
laura said:
hot and sour vietnamese vegetarian is where its at.
I've never heard of that soup, and I'm authentic. Then again I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find General Tso's anywhere near China.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
jvp108 said:
I've never heard of that soup, and I'm authentic. Then again I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find General Tso's anywhere near China.
yeah i hear you. I get it at the vietnamese place down the street. I don't know how "authentic" it is. its in a spicy clear broth with tomatoes, pineapple, bamboo shoots, tofu, bean sprouts, loads of chili, served with rice vermicelli. The non-vegie version has seafood in it. I don't know if its vietnamese or a creation of the family (they are all 1st generation immigrants) or what, but it is awesome. really good for colds great year round. I'm also a huge fan of the curry tofu soup. mmmmmmmm. i might have to pay pho hoah binh a visit this evening.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
yeah i hear you. I get it at the vietnamese place down the street. I don't know how "authentic" it is. its in a spicy clear broth with tomatoes, pineapple, bamboo shoots, tofu, bean sprouts, loads of chili, served with rice vermicelli. The non-vegie version has seafood in it. I don't know if its vietnamese or a creation of the family (they are all 1st generation immigrants) or what, but it is awesome. really good for colds great year round. I'm also a huge fan of the curry tofu soup. mmmmmmmm. i might have to pay pho hoah binh a visit this evening.
I guess its soup for dinner.... Pho 98 here the family comes.