Quantcast

ahhh... back to a normal life

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
stosh said:
I couldn't imagine bathing a child everyday and cleaning up crap. I'm often afraid my GF and I will end up as DINK's.
It's very different when it's your own child. Least in my experience.

Mike

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stosh said:
<snip> I couldn't imagine bathing a child everyday and cleaning up crap. I'm often afraid my GF and I will end up as DINK's.
Who told you you had to bathe the children every day?? We'd never get *anything* done if we bathed our 3 kids every day.

They're lucky to get a bath twice a week.

-S.S.-

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
By normal I mean not having to spend every minute of every day making sure I'm within earshot of a phone incase my wife goes into labor. It's our second child, so I'm well aware of the sleepless nights and irregular hours children can bring.

His hair already looks like mine... perhaps a little thicker than mine is.

I'm hoping he picks up the biking vibes from the shirt via osmosis - gotta start em out early.

Yea, it's the irish spelling of shawn - I got the middle name I wanted, so I couldn't complain about the spelling of his first name *grumble grumble*

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
jacksonpt said:
<snip>
Yea, it's the irish spelling of shawn - I got the middle name I wanted, so I couldn't complain about the spelling of his first name *grumble grumble*
Wot ye talkin' 'bout, then?? That's a right noice spell of the lad's name.

My wife wouldn't allow me the spelling I wanted for our third: Cuillin. So we ended up with Cullen.

Cuillin as in: Scottish Paradise :drool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
it took me about 6 months of living in ireland to figure out that when they use "ye", they are talking about the plural form of you rather than the singular.
Really? Odd. I wonder if that's the same way the Scots use it?

I'll have to break out my copy of Rob Roy and try to find some examples. That stuff almost has to be read out loud to figure out what the hell they've written. :dead:

-S.S.-

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
it took me about 6 months of living in ireland to figure out that when they use "ye", they are talking about the plural form of you rather than the singular.
The one that f**ked with my head was "yous'ns", or something like that.