Quantcast

Ahhhhhh... 70 and warm!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I might race beginner 19-34. Although, I plan to race Sport 19-34 for Sea Otter.

I always worry that I'll be a little faster than some of the other beginner guys. I'd rather have a challenge, you know?

For all I know, though, the beginner guys could smoke me and make me look like a foolbag.

Do you need a license to race?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
No need for a license at the CCCX race. The seaotter you have to buy a day one.

I'm going to be doing Sport 19-34 this weekend and at the seaotter too. I got 28th of however many at the seaotter with a pretty bad crash. I'm hoping to do better this year. I'm hoping for top 20.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I ranked 56 or something last year racing Men's Sport at Sea Otter. Haha...

No excuses. It was my first race. I took a look at my time though, and figured out that if I'd raced beginner, I'd have placed 3rd or 4th (can't remember). So, with that said, I figure that it's only fair that I keep racing in Sport.

...unless you want to hint at me that all the guys who are racing are ballsy and burly DHers... then maybe I'll stick to Beginner.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha I suck so dont worry about me. =] There are always a couple sand baggers in sport. Normally the top 3 are MUCH faster than the rest. You should just race sport.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
CCCX uses same day license through american bicycle racing. the cost is included with your reg. fee. I guess it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a license and just pay for the race, but who cares if its the only time you use the sanctioner. I hope it will be dry during saturday, i have been watching the weather channel like a 4 year old watching teletubbies.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I heard it's going to be dry and warm all weekend.

Keep an eye like a hawk on that weather report.

I'm sure it won't be 70 in Salinas/Monterey... but it should be dry.