Quantcast

Air Conditioning Monkeys!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
WTF? I hear this dripping action from my AC and go to investigate:

It has rained here a couple times in a few days and has been humid. It's dripping from here:

That's wet dust (not mold) from my AC closet that I've opened maybe once in a year:

Any suggestions that won't ruin my nice buzz?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
that line is plugged, use draino gel and report back.

it should drain somewhere to the outside of the building but since you said there was rain it has probably filled with rain water since it cant drain.
The condensate can't fill with rain water, impossible. It goes right form the evaporator coil to the exterior ground.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like the unit was not properly installed. That pipe is meant for condensation to drain from. Since it probably is never ever humid in PeeOnix they never bothered to plumb the line where it could drain, but it is trying to now. short term solution is to take a turkey baster or hypodermic needle, which ever is closest, and suck any water out of it. Long term solution is to tell the landlord to plumb it somewhere where it can properly drain.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Clogged to the unit or to the steel pipe?
The PVC pipe is overflowing out of the top of that vent, right?

That only goes to more pvc, which drains outside. Probably something plugging it out there, or perhaps a mouse crawled down in there and died?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Looks like the unit was not properly installed. That pipe is meant for condensation to drain from. Since it probably is never ever humid in PeeOnix they never bothered to plumb the line where it could drain, but it is trying to now. short term solution is to take a turkey baster or hypodermic needle, which ever is closest, and suck any water out of it. Long term solution is to tell the landlord to plumb it somewhere where it can properly drain.
It's installed properly, what is overflowing is the vent. The only thing that maybe in question is it looks like the upstairs unit maybe tied into the same line. Here in California, you can't do that. It shouldn't effect the drain though.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
In a serious note Stinky<not sure why Im offering any real advice> There should be an air admittance valve on top of that tube you circled. Not a Huge problem not to have it, but without, if it does back up, you get an internal leak inside your house/apt.

It should also have a taller peice of pipe there as well, maybe about three inches taller

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You pay rent.......Then pipe down..... and call the landlord
Go fuk yourself moron. Stop posting.

The guy that own this building is cool as all hell. Should I pull him away from his wife and 3 kids tonight when there are Monkeys with much more knowledge to share?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Go fuk yourself moron. Stop posting.

The guy that own this building is cool as all hell. Should I pull him away from his wife and 3 kids tonight when there are Monkeys with much more knowledge to share?
That is his responsibility for kicking back and having you pay his mortgage.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
GOd damn, when did you go from cool to a ****ing cock sucker......Dick head.....

Did something you dont agree and Damnit all to helll this guys an idiot.....WIsh I was as cool as yuou are....Pull the stick out of your ass already.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's installed properly, what is overflowing is the vent. The only thing that maybe in question is it looks like the upstairs unit maybe tied into the same line. Here in California, you can't do that. It shouldn't effect the drain though.
Ah, I didn't the the T fitting behind the gas line at first.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
You gotta love when he goes out a negative reps you, my feelings are crushed.

Fuk you Stinky and the cock that you rode in on!!!