Quantcast

Air Ride Install...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Oh man, so we got a customer here that ordered an Air Lift kit a year ago. He came in to do the install last week and the kit was missing parts, it had 1/2 lines, horrible management, and a tank that will not fit into where he wants it without a tremendous amount of cutting/welding.

Somehow as the graphic designer I was tasked with making sure the remaining correct parts were ordered, even though his new request was 2x as many tanks and compressors as before. No water traps and no flow control to keep him from breaking stuff.

I got to call him and tell him, that the kit he ordered is too fast and will slam his car into the ground and that he needs $600 in more parts.

yay.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
on a VDub im assuming?
where you going to put the tank(s)
yeah. Well I basically told him that hiding the 2- 2gallon tanks in the spare tire well, wit the manifolds, compressors, harness wasn't gonna happen. He didn't want to have exposed tanks and couldn't loose truck space.

So everything is being mounted in the spare tire well, and we went with a single 5 gallon tank that will be mounted front to back and enclosed along the drivers side of the hatch.