Quantcast

Air shock problem

Oct 10, 2007
GA
So I pumped it up and them went and rode it off the curve in my driveway. It immediately lost all air pressure and bottom out and did not rebound at all. So I tried to pump it up again and it would only rebound to about a third of the travel. Its a cheap x-fusion shock so if its broken I dont think its worth repairing.

ESPI!

Chimp
Jan 9, 2008
Sounds like a bad air can seal. take it back to the shop you bought the bike from, or a good LBS, they should be able to get the parts to repair it or send it back to x-fusion for repair, either way it shouldn't cost that much to repair, if it is just the air can seal it shouldn't cost much more than $50

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
if you're lucky, the valve core might be loose or bad. Try putting it in some water pumped up and try to find where the leak is. If it's out of the core, you can get a core tool from any auto parts shop.

lukebikes

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
bay area
x fusion is awsome with customoer service. call them up and if your nice you will proally just get a brand new shock. they are a small company and are trying to keep as many product users as possible so they will bend over bakcwards to help u out

Marcolino

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
the best way to find out were the leak is to fill with air and put it inside a water container, like you do with tubes to find leaks.

it may just be the valve core... just go to an automotive store and ask them to replace the valve core... it´s cheap and could prevent losing time and money...