Quantcast

Airbrushing in Photoshop

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I used to do a lot of traditional airbrushing many years ago.

I've decided I could use some of that action in my portfolio, so I am airbrushing a cheeseburger in my downtime.

Sketched a burger from photo reference, scanned it, cut my paths in Freehand and imported them to channels in PS and got to painting:

This could be done faster traditionally, but having undos, layers, color correction, etc. makes Photoshop more efficient.

I'll post my progress as I continue...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Tomatoes started.

I miss having scraps of paper to use as stencils when airbrushing as well as Xacto knives to scrape highlights and colored pencils, paints to clean up details...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Mousin' it.

I want one of those Wacom tablets, but they're still too small and pricey at $100 per inch...
The Waco I used to have was about the size of a 20inch lcd monitor, only cost $20 2nd hand?
And then just hunted out the mac software for it online for free.

Had the same size ones at work for years but I have no idea what they cost..... Had a boss that liked new toys and never cared what they cost. :happydance:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Oh and you need to darken/blacken bits in the meat for the char grilled look, and to tone down the sort of glistening mottled brown glass look it has at the moment.

Just my pedantic 2 cents. ;)