Quantcast

airline complaint

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Sweet. I have ~18 hours to beijing this weekend. Business class from dallas to narita is great, but they have me in a middle seat. For some stinking reason, I can pick my seat throughout the entire trip but they will not allow me to pick my seat on that leg, even to show me that there are no open seats.

Thanks american!!!

loosecannon

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
San Diego
That is probably the best letter have have ever read. Did you find that on the web or is that yours. whether it is or not I give it an A++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
^

the note is not mine.
It's genuine though...

http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/seat29e.asp

And according to Snopes, this was the companys official response: (quoted from snopes.com) ". . . it's genuine, according to Continental spokeswoman Courtney Wilcox. She sent me the airline’s official, potty joke-intensive response:

The letter is not totally accurate and uses sarcastic humor to make the seat sound a lot worse than it is. But we don't want to pooh-pooh this customer's concerns — seat 29D is less than ideal. Most flights are not sold out and normally we can easily re-seat a customer who prefers not to sit in this location. However, the Dec. 21 flight was completely full, and we have apologized to the customer who wrote to us about the concerns. If there was a quick and easy solution to this problem we would do it in a whiz. However, the aircraft configuration is fixed and there is little we can do at this point to just flush away the issue. "

Airlines and flying still suck though.