Quantcast

Airlines

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
There's this bicycle courier around where I work who's got a dirty Rocky Mountain Vertex TO and he's using airlines shifting on the rear. I know the obvious, that it uses compressed air metered by the shifter to execute shifts. I can kinda imagine how it might work in one direction releasing the derailleur into an upshift or maybe it works like rapid rise where the derailleur releases to downshift. How does it go the other way? What mechanism does it have to push the derailleur?

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Go to Shimanoeurope.com and look it up ,I think it is two pneumatic pistons push in either direction ,They are really cheap right now they don`t sell well ,I would love to get one for my DH rig when I get one :rolleyes:

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I doesn't help. The photos are too small too dark and I can't see the mechanism and can't find any exploded parts diagrams. Pout

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
There are two pneumatic cylinders one for up shifting the other for down shifting and they probably have a blow off so when you up shift, it puts more pressure in the up cylinder so you can up shift and when you want to down shift you press the button and it pressurises the cylinder so the DER. shifts :confused: It sounds goo to me:monkey: I would like to get one for my new DH rig I`am getting for my B-day :rolleyes: I hope ,I really want to get the Santa Cruz V-10 it will have the new fifth element shock . the fifith element shock is the same as the curnett shock on the new Foes BTW the Foes F-1 fork will also have the same innerds trick damping technology;)