Quantcast

Airport Rant...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bluebug32 said:
I hate when you get stuck stuck sitting next to someone who won't shut the hell up. And they're also usually the type who's arm, leg or stomach is invading half of your seat.

I got "stuck" sitting next to this BEAUTIFUL german chick, and we were stuck on the plane for 7 hours for a 45 minute flight (thunderstorms, customs, don't ask) She was amazingly beautiful, and had a really hot accent, but didnt speak english all that well. She wouldn't shut the hell up, but it was OK. I enjoyed that flight :thumb:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
These are the reasons I no longer find it rude to throw on headphones and bury myself in a book from take off to departing at the terminal. I've also found that snoring loudly will make anyone move their body away from me. I'm sure I am not alone in hating being touched while on a plane.

the one thing i can't stand is people who give airline attendents sh*t. 90% of the time it is the passenger's fault and yet they won't admit it. They get in the faces of these people and make idiots of themselves.

Gotta be nice to the people who serve you and it'll pay back.

Also, if you ask for the whole can of your beverage they will give it to you no questions asked.

I have met some very cool people on the airplane and to this day I love flying, especially solo. Something about being young and finding new people to chat with, doesn't matter who they are....lately though I've been more cynical.

The Ito

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
ito said:
the one thing i can't stand is people who give airline attendents sh*t. 90% of the time it is the passenger's fault and yet they won't admit it. They get in the faces of these people and make idiots of themselves.
Definitely. I'm never rude to the flight attendants. They bring me things I like, such as food and drink and smiles. I'm only rude to other passengers. They bring me things I don't like, such as elbows, BO, and conversation.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I never have any of these problems. But then again I usually only fly Asian airlines, generally ahead of the American/Euro ones as far as I've heard.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
laura said:
oh dear, what has happened to you?
The man got to me. And he sucked my soul and my faith in humanity right out of my body. And then he stomped on it. After stepping in dog poo. That some jackass with a pomeranian had failed to clean up off the sidewalk.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ohio said:
The man got to me. And he sucked my soul and my faith in humanity right out of my body. And then he stomped on it. After stepping in dog poo. That some jackass with a pomeranian had failed to clean up off the sidewalk.
thats what i feared. now i have lost faith in everything. if it can happen to you, no one is safe.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
valve bouncer said:
I never have any of these problems. But then again I usually only fly Asian airlines, generally ahead of the American/Euro ones as far as I've heard.
As someoen who spent several years working on commercial ariline interiors, the Asian arilines completely eclipse the american carriers... (I won't even mention how bad Air Canada is though). But the asian airlines definitely know how to travel in style....... QANTAS ain't too bad either....

If anyone flies on an ANA 767-300 in the next little while....yeah..that was me...

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
ohio said:
LMAO...I never fly but this is some funny shait.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MMike said:
As someoen who spent several years working on commercial ariline interiors, the Asian arilines completely eclipse the american carriers... (I won't even mention how bad Air Canada is though). But the asian airlines definitely know how to travel in style....... QANTAS ain't too bad either....

If anyone flies on an ANA 767-300 in the next little while....yeah..that was me...
I probably flew on one of yours last year to Osaka. You did a good job on it mate. ;) :thumb: I usually fly on ANA domestically, the only show in town for me. When I go back home I usually go Malaysian. Great airline. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ohio said:
From your first class rant it sounds like you are BECOMING the MAN. :eek:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Over the past 6 years I've had to fly more frequently due to being across the country and I start to hate it more and more each time.

I HATE people who are too big to fill up one chair and spill over into mine. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable and when I complained to the airlines after a flight all they said was "we have regulations so situations like this will not occur" bull****...it happened to me and "next time tell a flight attendant" ...well I don't like to be rude or embarass people, but damn straight I'm telling someone next time. The only thing that could top that would be if they smelled AND had a screaming brat! One of my other personal favorites is the parent who lets the child continue to kick the back of your seat after you have already politely asked them to stop.

So not to long ago I was on a flight and was in the very last row, back by the restrooms. I was in the window seat. A woman was standing in the aisle waiting for the restroom when I was hit by a wall o' stench. It was confirmed to be her (and not from the restrooms) on a few other trips she made past our row......how the hell do people not know they stink that freakin' bad?!?!?! And why don't you do something about it? I was about to gag it was so nasty. Felt soooo sorry for those sitting around her (while silently thanking god that I wasn't)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Velocity Girl said:
Over the past 6 years I've had to fly more frequently due to being across the country and I start to hate it more and more each time.

I HATE people who are too big to fill up one chair and spill over into mine. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable and when I complained to the airlines after a flight all they said was "we have regulations so situations like this will not occur" bull****...it happened to me and "next time tell a flight attendant" ...well I don't like to be rude or embarass people, but damn straight I'm telling someone next time. The only thing that could top that would be if they smelled AND had a screaming brat! One of my other personal favorites is the parent who lets the child continue to kick the back of your seat after you have already politely asked them to stop.

So not to long ago I was on a flight and was in the very last row, back by the restrooms. I was in the window seat. A woman was standing in the aisle waiting for the restroom when I was hit by a wall o' stench. It was confirmed to be her (and not from the restrooms) on a few other trips she made past our row......how the hell do people not know they stink that freakin' bad?!?!?! And why don't you do something about it? I was about to gag it was so nasty. Felt soooo sorry for those sitting around her (while silently thanking god that I wasn't)
They should filter out stinky people at security as a biological risk. Last Friday I sat next to some Trustafarian kid who was trying to grow dreadlocks. When he took his nasty wool cap off the stench coming from his head was like a kick in the face.

While I am at it I have a few more flying bitches.

-I hate it when you have a aisle seat and people grab the back of your seat when they walk by. I'm always taking red eye flights and it is impossible to sleep if jackasses keep shaking the back of your seat every few minutes. One flight there was this one guy that kept going to the bathroom, every time he went by he would grab my seat jostling me around and waking me up. When my turn came to piss I found him sleeping in his seat, I was tempted to give him a good shake but tried concentrating really hard hoping he would spontaneously combust.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
There is really nothing pleasant about dealing with the airport or the people at the airport. Last time I was there, a security guard almost maced me for stepping over a line, that I didn't see. Things got much worse when I laughed in his face and told him he was just a security gaurd and not a real cop--yeah, he didn't like that.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
valve bouncer said:

WERD!! I flew Korean Air (business class) for my trip to Thailand (through Seoul) and it was the absolute best experience that I've had flying. The worst part: having to fly coach to LA from Seattle (and back)....stupid small seats on a tiny little tin can....fvck...I'm 6'7" and about 250, people think that they can just recline into my knees when they get stopped even before they begin....well this just makes them lean harder until I say that they can't go back cause those are my knees and they don't bend that way....then the person gets all indignant about it and huffs and puffs like it's my fault I'm so tall....yeah...that's it...I was put here in this seat randomly just to piss you off....go suck it...

And yes, I have put up the cash to fly 1st class on those commuter flights, and it's the same...the seat is wider but my knees still touch the seat in front of me....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
valve bouncer said:
I probably flew on one of yours last year to Osaka. You did a good job on it mate. ;) :thumb: I usually fly on ANA domestically, the only show in town for me. When I go back home I usually go Malaysian. Great airline. :thumb:
Did you particularly enjoy the cabinet that had all of the in-flight entertainment equipment?

Funny you mention Malaysia. My last job before I left Seattle was for them. If you are on a 777 and it has coloured mood lighting in the cabin, and powered window shades in first class.....also me...... ( the wiring anyway)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMike said:
Funny you mention Malaysia. My last job before I left Seattle was for them. If you are on a 777 and it has coloured mood lighting in the cabin, and powered window shades in first class.....also me...... ( the wiring anyway)
Is that the Mile High Club option Swinger AirLines?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
DRB said:
Damn skippy. I flew over 100000 miles last year and am already at 75000 this year. I follow every single rule and I take every single perk the airline gives me. You don't like, fly more. Or drive next time. And if you are one of those people that thinks staring at me as I cut in front of you in the bording line or go to the first class counter at check in is making me feel guilty...... it isn't. You're lucky I don't give you the finger and laugh.
People who cut in front of me in line are rudely thrown out of line. I don't care who you are or how long you fly. If the airlines want to give you a special line then hooray for you. Take advantage of it. But don't dare try to horn in on something that I am equally entitled to just because you think you're special. You'll wind up on your ass and then we'll both end up talking to security and missing our flights. Not good for either one of us.

Think of it like riding.... take it easy on the beginners because you were once a beginner yourself. And you know what? I may hate flying but I am excited to be going on vacation. So too bad so sad for you Mr. Businessman, you'll just have to deal with my bubbling enthusiasm.

Although I may let DRB take a cut from time to time. He's a good Santa. :D

But I'm going to be mad at Ohio if I see him in the airport and make faces at him. :eviltongu He's a meanie when he flies.

Crap... 48 days till I have to take a loooong freaking flight. I hate flying with a passion. :help:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
<snip>
Crap... 48 days till I have to take a loooong freaking flight. I hate flying with a passion. :help:
Then don't fly. The solution seems so easy it's laughable. Take the train. Drive a car. Hitchhike for God's sake.

Board a boat and go the "civilized" way across the ocean.

Planes aren't the only mode of transportation in the world. :rolleyes:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Then don't fly. The solution seems so easy it's laughable. Take the train. Drive a car. Hitchhike for God's sake.

Board a boat and go the "civilized" way across the ocean.

Planes aren't the only mode of transportation in the world. :rolleyes:
Can't. We're going to Ireland. Ship would take too long.

I bitch and whine, but in the end I just do the "suck it up princess" thing and fly. I figure I have two choices: Fly and get where I want to go, or sit at home and be bummed. I fly. If I can, I take the train or drive but there is not much I can do if I am going to another continent.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Silver said:
Why is it that as soon as they announce that boarding is starting, every single person getting on the plane stands up, even though they start with first class and then from the back?

I swear, next time I'm standing in the middle of the plane because some idiot businessman doesn't want to check his bag and is spending 15 minutes trying to find space for it in the overhead bin, I'm going to lose it.

It would all go so much faster if everyone just did it by row...they should give the gate agents tasers to use on the assholes who sit in row 10 trying to get on first...

That happened to us on the way home from Vegas a few weeks ago...people didn't check bags that were too big and held up the f'n plane for about half an hour...fackers!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
Can't. We're going to Ireland. Ship would take too long.

I bitch and whine, but in the end I just do the "suck it up princess" thing and fly. I figure I have two choices: Fly and get where I want to go, or sit at home and be bummed. I fly. If I can, I take the train or drive but there is not much I can do if I am going to another continent.
Take the boat, you wuss. :p

How long does the boat actually take?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Take the boat, you wuss. :p

How long does the boat actually take?
LOL... It takes longer than 11 - 14 hours. I think a boat would take a week. I'd rather fly and annoy Ohio. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
My rant about airports has to do with the baggage carousels. Why do people insist on standing right next to the damn thing so that there's no way to get my bag when it comes out. If everyone stood 5 feet back and stepped forward when their bag came out it wouldn't be such a chore elbowing through people to get my bag. :mumble:
I never have a problem at the carousel...what I do is forewarn everyone...I say loudly...look out! give me a wide berth that huge suitcase is mine (and it is GINORMOUS) then a fella or two or three will point to it and say this one? And I'll say yeah! look out! and they grab it for me! HAHAHA! Works everytime...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I never have a problem at the carousel...what I do is forewarn everyone...I say loudly...look out! give me a wide berth that huge suitcase is mine (and it is GINORMOUS) then a fella or two or three will point to it and say this one? And I'll say yeah! look out! and they grab it for me! HAHAHA! Works everytime...
It's cause you are 'bumpin'.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Yup...and I use it to my advantage every chance I get...why, I haven't paid for a drink in YEARS! :D
I can see it now. Dhg walks into a bar, sits down.... nothing....she clumsily drops something from her purse and lets out a high pitched whoops. Bends down with knees locked and back arched to pick said item up. Game on.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I can see it now. Dhg walks into a bar, sits down.... nothing....she clumsily drops something from her purse and lets out a high pitched whoops. Bends down with knees locked and back arched to pick said item up. Game on.
hahaha - there ain't no back archin' with those things. :thumb:

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I don't fly for business and the only flying we do nowadays is to visit friends back in KC. From PHX to KC the flight is only 2.5 hours so it's no biggie.

I agree with the Asian carriers. We flew Air Malaysia to Kuala Lumpur back in 2001 to go to a friends wedding. It was awesome... best service I've ever seen. The flight attendents (all really hot asian women) were nice, polite and incredibly groomed. I don't think my uniform would look that good or I couldn't smile that friendly after taking care of passengers on a 24-hour flight.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
airline pet peeves, where to begin....

i loved the aer lingus method of saying "anyone travelling w/ small children or who otherwise need a little extra time to take their seat, can board now"

and then 10 seconds later calling for general boarding.

thanks.

:nuts:

also, the numbnuts who crowd around the baggage carousel in packs, waiting for their bags...can't they delegate ONE person to retrieve the bags so the population density around the track is a bit less than bangladesh?

:nuts:

i almost always travel w/ my noise-cancelling ear buds, several mags and a book, and my mp3 player, so my inter-passenger interactions are cut down to an absolute mininum. i firmly employ the Ohio Method strategy (although i don't like working on a plane...too type A for me).