Quantcast

Al Bundy is a noble man.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Al Bundy is actually my hero, but on the Voyager...depends on the year. The late 80s ones blow.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I really couldnt say for sure, but I know the ones from the late 80s were crap and you dont hear bad things about ones from the mid 90s, so no news is good news in the case of minivans, Id say. The Chrysler V6s from the 90s are all pretty good from what I know, like the one in my jeep, but Jeep Trannys are known to explode alot......i dunno.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Thats like asking if a magna is as good as a huffy.

My mom has a dodge caravan (same thing as the plymouth), and I can honestly say its the worst car i have ever driven. Turns like a boat, floats around the road, understeers in the mildest of corners, and shakes violently when you get up around 90 (on a closed course with a professional driver.. of course). If you MUST have a minivan get a honda oddessy, if not get a subaru wagon. Even the Astro van drove better than the caravan, could be a good choice if you are trying to spend like 1000-2000.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Serial Midget said:
What about the short nineteen-ninetyfour in burgundy with tinted windows? It has a V6 and air bags.
If it costs more than 500 dollars forget it. You dont see too many of these on the road any more... because they are all in junkyards. Super cheap car shopping is tough, but definately stay away from these if you can. What is your price range?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yes. I MUST have a minivan and I did buy a Plymouth Voyager and I never, never drive faster than the posted speed limit or make anything other than gentle right-hand turns - after the appropriate signal distance, of course.

Oh and... who the hell drives a MINIVAN at 90MPH??? :confused:

TheInedibleHulk said:
Thats like asking if a magna is as good as a huffy.

My mom has a dodge caravan (same thing as the plymouth), and I can honestly say its the worst car i have ever driven. Turns like a boat, floats around the road, understeers in the mildest of corners, and shakes violently when you get up around 90 (on a closed course with a professional driver.. of course). If you MUST have a minivan get a honda oddessy, if not get a subaru wagon. Even the Astro van drove better than the caravan, could be a good choice if you are trying to spend like 1000-2000.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Actually I think one in thirteen cars on the road today are Dodge or Plymouth Minivans. Anyhow I bought a ninety-four for elevenhundred dollars because my truck is pretty bad on gas.

TheInedibleHulk said:
If it costs more than 500 dollars forget it. You dont see too many of these on the road any more... because they are all in junkyards. Super cheap car shopping is tough, but definately stay away from these if you can. What is your price range?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Serial Midget said:
Yes. I MUST have a minivan and I did buy a Plymouth Voyager and I never, never drive faster than the posted speed limit or make anything other than gentle right-hand turns - after the appropriate signal distance, of course.
You never turn left? You must not get very far.

Serial Midget said:

I do. Actually I DID, just once driving across Kansas on I-70 (75 mph zone)

Im glad to hear you never break the speed limit, I'm very happy for you.... just stay out of my lane.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
TheInedibleHulk said:
Im glad to hear you never break the speed limit, I'm very happy for you.... just stay out of my lane.
Well sometimes I'll go a tiny bit faster and get in the fast lane for a little cruise control drag racing action but only if I think I can take the old lady in front of me. Its the hills that separate the good cruise control racers from the pathetic wannabes who cheat and touch the pedal... anyhow, it's not your lane; you don't own it. :monkey:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Serial Midget said:

I did this summer. I camping with some friends, and i was needing to take a rest stop REAL bad. Got up to 100. The odd thing is, it was a newer Plymouth Voyager

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
chicodude01 said:
I did this summer. I camping with some friends, and i was needing to take a rest stop REAL bad. Got up to 100. The odd thing is, it was a newer Plymouth Voyager

If Lea Iacoca was dead he'd be spinning in his grave. Minivans aren't meant for that sort of speed. Thats just crazy. :nope:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
It was more stable than I would of thought. I was on cruse control, and it was about 6:00 in the morning. My car, now that's something I woulnd NEVER get past eighty

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Serial Midget said:
If Lea Iacoca was dead he'd be spinning in his grave. Minivans aren't meant for that sort of speed. Thats just crazy. :nope:
Dont know the reference, who is that?

100 in any kind of car doesnt feel that fast once you've gone 110 in a go-kart you built yourself and your ass is 2 inches off the ground. Or even once youve hit 50-something on a DH bike or 60-something on a snowboard. Some people's perception of speed is just radically different than other people's. My mom would be scared out of her mind at 100 in anything, whereas to my friend JT who races sportbikes, 100 is barely moving. The fact is that many, in fact most modern cars from a dodge neon on up are capable of hitting triple digits on the right road in relative safety. We use almost the same speed limits now that we did when cars had bias ply tires, 2 point seatbelts, 4 wheel drum brakes, and no crumple zones or rollover protection whatsoever. Im not saying drving fast isnt still dangerous and people dont get killed doing it, but you gotta put car safety in historical perspective. I'm not advocating the elimination or across-the-board raising of speed limits, but anyone that thinks going 100 is just "crazy" just doesnt know cars.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Find out if the tranny has been replaced, If it hasn't it's gonna need it. Every caravan we get(unless it has less than 50,000 miles)has a new tranny or needs one so be careful. No sense in spending money on a money pit.

J

JRB

Who the hell sets cruise at 100mph??? That's nuts.

Skookum - I saw a birthday for the Fonz and they are 16. How does a 16 year old know about the Fonz????

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
chicodude01 said:
Me.

Welcome to California, Land of I-5 :oink:
haha did you know that I-5 can take you to Canada too? We also have I-90 that goes from Seattle to Boston. i was thinking of riding Nam with Splat by hoppin on that road but i'm still not sure it would be worth the trip. :dancing: