Quantcast

Al Gore invented homosexuals

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
To put it succinctly, if the government is going to give benefits to people who are married (whether they should or not is another discussion and would require a radical change--paging RenegadeRick--), the government has to make the benefits available to any two adults who want to be married. Period.
yeah...about that 'full stop'...if we are to accept/imply it's best left to consenting, unmarried, non-direct relatives, we have to examine why anything less than this is not allowed in polite company, and as such, give the same scrutiny to expanding the privilege.

i know you wrote it's a discussion for another time, but it really can't be just rolled up. my first cousin is smoking hot, but dumb as a bag of hammers. if we married (and therefore reproduced), our progeny would be fast-tracked to libertarianism minoring in constitutionalist partyism.

or something.

i don't know what i'm on about. there's a message in there somewhere. a free-mason could decode it. i think i'm saying they'd be first-rate window-licking mongs.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Rules about cousins marrying are pretty dumb. Cousins can still **** and possibly cause a pregnancy--this being what the anti-marriage rule is designed to prevent, you've now got something even less effective than gun control But with even more banjos.

If we removed the laws on cousins marrying, I don't think we'd see any changes whatsoever in [non-Ozarkian] society. I mean, I'm sure lots of cousins have hooked up, but it wasn't the law that kept them from marrying. It was their families and social constraints. And if they didn't have or care about those, they could still do as the homos do--marry even if it's not in the eyes of the law.

Sorry, bud, but teh gayz are going to marry in this country, sooner or later.