Quantcast

Al Gore invented homosexuals

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Well, that's my interpretation.
Al Gore said:
"I think it’s wrong for the government to discriminate against people because of that person’s sexual orientation,” he says. “I think gay men and women ought to have the same rights as heterosexual men and women — to make contracts, to have hospital visiting rights, to join together in marriage, and I don’t understand why it is considered by some people to be a threat to heterosexual marriage.”

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"don't axe, don't tell" much, al? seems he's blissfully unaware of the current institutionalized discrimination.

but that's ok, hillary is on record pledging to fix it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
but that's ok, hillary is on record pledging to fix it.
Really? She's going to expend some effort to fix it?

If I was PotUS, I'd vote to pass legislation, but I don't think the PotUS should spend any more energy on it than a signature.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
a shrewd pro-ss-marriage legislator would do well to incrementally expand/recognize gay rights. of course, this would then validate wingers when their "worst fears" come true.

win/win/win

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
to have hospital visiting rights,

I've visited a few people a few times at hospitals, and I can't recall ever being asked if i was gay before they let me in to visit. Is this a problem these days?

He better hope Hillary's health plan doesn't come to pass because then we'll be debating fat rights and he's in big, literally, trouble then!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I've visited a few people a few times at hospitals, and I can't recall ever being asked if i was gay before they let me in to visit. Is this a problem these days?
wearing moccasins & loudly bragging about how many miles you ride/week is a dead giveaway

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don’t understand why it is considered by some people to be a threat to heterosexual marriage.
...because the fundamental religious right are a bunch of intolerant douchebags?

They don't want you giving teh super-AIDS to the other patients.

You've never visited someone in critical condition who's only allowed family, have you?

I know the whole internet sarcasm thing but that crosses a line.

There is a woman who hit a guy on his bike and killed him and was laughing about it while being interviewed or something. Luckily the judge heard to conversation and sentenced her to nearly the max for involuntary manslaughter. Laughing about someone dying or being killed is just not right whatsoever

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I know the whole internet sarcasm thing but that crosses a line.

There is a woman who hit a guy on his bike and killed him and was laughing about it while being interviewed or something. Luckily the judge heard to conversation and sentenced her to nearly the max for involuntary manslaughter. Laughing about someone dying or being killed is just not right whatsoever
I sentence you to a lifetime of disappointment in the PAWN forum

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
...because the fundamental religious right are a bunch of intolerant douchebags?
Wait a second, Mitt was a pretty tolerant fundamental religious douchebag when he needed votes in MA. That's all changed now that he's in the big show, of course.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
generally speaking, it's funny how an individual tragedy is taboo to make fun of, but line 'em all up and you got hand-spun gold.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
a while back when the big debate happened in the Great White North, i remember seeing an interview on the télévision with non-hetero folk. it seemed to them that the hetero population was making a bigger deal about it than them.

the salient yet silliest issue revolved around the definition of "marriage," that being between a man and a woman. whatever; it's a frikkin word dammit! not like marriage means that much anymore... seems it's the key factor to getting divorced anyway.

couples get together for different reasons. why should the government care? be it straight or curved (?), i'm sure each relationship is different with its merits and issues.... so what's the macro effect? nothing I figure.... collect tax, it's the micro issues... those who think the world will come to an end because there's something that they cannot control. i would prefer if they just kept their mouth's shut and go and suck some eggs.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
covered.
here, have some cash, too.
it's friday night, & i'm throwin nickels like they were manhole covers (hallelujah).

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
To put it succinctly, if the government is going to give benefits to people who are married (whether they should or not is another discussion and would require a radical change--paging RenegadeRick--), the government has to make the benefits available to any two adults who want to be married. Period.