Quantcast

Albany/Saratoga type mini-monkeyfest methinks

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thoughts/ideas so far:

MMcG said:
We gotta do an Albany/Saratoga type mini-monkeyfest methinks!

I mean I could come, IAB and MBC could make it, it's not too far for Splat and company, Tonyhawk could join us.

Then we've got Doug, McGRP, Treesaw and Squirell, and Berkshire Rider could return home

People from downstate NY could drive up - we could get a good group together!
McGRP01 said:
You read my mind!! :dancing:
McGRP01 said:
Mmmmm...I LOVE Bombers Burritos!!! Lark St. here I come!! :thumb:

douglas said:
I'd be up for any May w/e except for the 21st/22nd

berkshire_rider said:
How about this for an idea? Camping at Cherry Plains Friday and Saturday nights with a night or 2 on Lark Street / Pump Station / etc. Ride at Pittstown State Forest, Cherry Plains, or over to the Berkshires. :cool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
cool suggestion berkshirerider!

I will still offer my place as a place to camp/stay, I'm 5 minutes from Bombers/Lark st and pretty much inbetween the berkshires and saratoga.......

maybe berkshires on Saturday & Saratoga on Sunday, or vice versa

what do the rest of you think?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
jesus man... you're going nuts with the quotes today.

Anyways... I'd be interested, but everything is in limbo until the baby comes, so mark me as "tentative". It would probably have to be a multi-day thing for me though... otherwise I'm not sure it's worth the drive... just fyi incase you get to talking about doing a one-day thing at some point.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:
cool suggestion berkshirerider!

I will still offer my place as a place to camp/stay, I'm 5 minutes from Bombers/Lark st and pretty much inbetween the berkshires and saratoga.......

maybe berkshires on Saturday & Saratoga on Sunday, or vice versa

what do the rest of you think?
Camping at Doug's? He's got a pool! :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MtnBikerChk said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

I don't camp.

whatever, you just dont want to hear splat & mmcg snore

possible solutions:

1)bring a blow up matress/sleepingbag & throw it into my spare room
2)sleep on the couch
3)stay at the hotel thats 2 minutes away

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
I'm jonesin to ride some of those SMBA trails up there in Saratoga. Can you say post ride Pints at the Parting Glass??? I think I can! ;)

:thumb: :thumb:

everyones homework, go home & check your schedules for May !!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
How long is the drive from Hatford? I should be able to make at least one of the rides.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
It's like 2.5 hours max to Albany - just think Jiminy Peak and then another half hour - 40 minutes - very doable!

sorta.......but you'd be just staying on I90, my crib is 2 minutes off I90

it's defnitely under 2 hours from Avon or Hartford to me

(saratoga is another 45 minutes)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
douglas said:
whatever, you just dont want to hear splat & mmcg snore

possible solutions:

1)bring a blow up doll and throw it into my room for me....
2)sleep on the couch
The couch is pretty plush..... :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well....if you insist Sq-Earl & I might be in :thumb: We do have some space at Chez Crombach too if we hang in the Saratoga area and ride SMBA and Spier Falls :sneaky: not to mention our backyard stunt park, Luther Forest, and Shelving Rock.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
Walk? :confused:
:devil:

Ha! I'll bet dinner at the Olde Bryan Inn or Sunday Brunch at the Gideon you can't clean the trail all the way to the top that DJ and I went in on. :eviltongu

Maybe we choose the wrong entrance? :confused: We came down Spier Falls road from the prison, past the lake and dam, and went in where the powerlines cross the road.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
Ha! I'll bet dinner at the Olde Bryan Inn or Sunday Brunch at the Gideon you can't clean the trail all the way to the top that DJ and I went in on. :eviltongu

Maybe we choose the wrong entrance? :confused: We came down Spier Falls road from the prison, past the lake and dam, and went in where the powerlines cross the road.
I usually go in from the enterance on Spier Falls Rd. (near the top of the mtn.) and there is no way I could ride that to the top. I'd like to see some better riders try though...might be possible.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
berkshire_rider said:

Not sure that I can clean it 100%, but we usually enter either from the bottom (near Mud Pond) and head up, the boat launch area and ride up or half way and I have seen more than 1 person clean it :eek: (Sq-earl and Massone). I have ridden a lot of it, but not 100% yet ;)

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I think that's a different trail. I saw the pics you posted on RM last year on the ride you did, and that was not the same way we went in. I passed the boat launch after we were done, on the way back to the Northway.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Not sure that I can clean it 100%, but we usually enter either from the bottom (near Mud Pond) and head up, the boat launch area and ride up or half way and I have seen more than 1 person clean it :eek: (Sq-earl and Massone). I have ridden a lot of it, but not 100% yet ;)
Hmmm...we must be thinking of different routes, I'd challange anybody to clean the climb I'm thinking of. Maybe Steve and I are thinking of the same place.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
I usually go in from the enterance on Spier Falls Rd. (near the top of the mtn.) and there is no way I could ride that to the top. I'd like to see some better riders try though...might be possible.
No, I think we're talking about the same place because that's where we usually go in...it's tough, but rideable. Definately no walk in the park ;) Sq-earl has ridden all of it (with breaks here are there waiting up for other riders...me, Joe-Ya, etc.) now we just have to put it all together and see if he dies trying :devil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
Now there's a bet worth working for :thumb: Guess I better get up there and practice. :devil: