Quantcast

alberta "human rights commission" abusing its namesake?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm of two minds here.

One, Ezra Levant is a pissant of epic proportions. Two, he's absolutely and totally correct. Of course, if he wasn't such a princess, he wouldn't bother to show up. He'd just send them a statement in the mail telling them to go **** Mohammed in the ass.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
wow, it amazes me how easily people forget that they have no special right or privilege which protects them from being offended. if i were him i'd bring a pisschrist and a hanky poo muhammed to the "trial"

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
wow, it amazes me how easily people forget that they have no special right or privilege which protects them from being offended. if i were him i'd bring a pisschrist and a hanky poo muhammed to the "trial"
Don't get too self righteous (or, to quote Winston Wolf, "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, gentlemen.")

You're not a big fan of the ACLU, right? Whose side do you think they would be on if this was happening in America?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
true...true. i sure hope they'd be on his side considering some of the whacked out causes they take at times, taking his case would almost restore my faith in the organization.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You're not a big fan of the ACLU, right? Whose side do you think they would be on if this was happening in America?
I think the ACLU would be divided on the issue. ED: On second thought, maybe not--they have represented white supremacists, no?

"Londonistan" is a slightly chicken-little piece of journalism, but is a good account of would-be totalitarian theocraticism hiding itself in Western society under a mask of "multiculturalism." Recommend it for a read.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"Londonistan" is a slightly chicken-little piece of journalism, but is a good account of would-be totalitarian theocraticism hiding itself in Western society under a mask of "multiculturalism." Recommend it for a read.
for the most part, i double that. i say "most" b/c i don't understand why you categorize it as "slightly chicken-little". radical islam has made quite the inroads the past decade. would the best measure be if they started picking up seats in parliament?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
well, it's been half a decade since we last spoke of this, and not much has improved