Quantcast

Alcohol and no helmet... accident!

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
This is really, really sad. Happened in my home town.

Article

Popular bicyclist injured on Cedar Hill
By LARRY HENDRICKS
Sun Staff Reporter
10/07/2005

His love for extreme mountain biking and cycle building is well-known among the biking community in Flagstaff.

On Wednesday night, Steve Garro, 37, was seriously injured while riding his bicycle on Cedar Avenue. Police officials say preliminary investigation indicates that Garro was at fault and that alcohol was present at the scene.

His collision is one of a rising number of bicycle/automobile collisions in the city, and police officials want to remind bicyclists to take steps to stay safe while out on the streets.

Deputy Chief Brent Cooper of the Flagstaff Police Department said Garro is at Flagstaff Medical Center in the intensive care unit. He is on life-support, suffering from head injuries and a compound fracture of his thigh bone.

Cooper said that according to officers on the scene, Garro was not wearing a helmet at the time of collision.

According to police accident reports, a Flagstaff man was driving his car in the right lane of Cedar Avenue heading westbound. A blue Chevy truck was in the lane to the left. Behind the truck was another vehicle.

The Flagstaff man said he passed the Linda Vista Drive on-ramp onto Cedar.

"I was heading west up Cedar Hill when a guy on a bicycle was coming downhill at a high rate of speed," the man wrote in a witness statement. "He crossed in front of me as I slammed on the brakes. He plowed head-on into the blue Chevy next to me."

A passenger of the Chevy, which was driven by a man from Grand Canyon, wrote in a statement that the cyclist missed the first vehicle, and while looking back, slammed into the Chevy.

When the driver of the Chevy hit the brakes, the vehicle behind the Chevy hit the Chevy.

Garro was rushed to the hospital, where he is listed in critical condition, according to a hospital spokesperson.

Cooper said the possibility of alcohol being involved in the accident is under investigation.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
G-Cracker said:
This is really, really sad. Happened in my home town.

Article

Popular bicyclist injured on Cedar Hill
By LARRY HENDRICKS
Sun Staff Reporter
10/07/2005

His love for extreme mountain biking and cycle building is well-known among the biking community in Flagstaff.

On Wednesday night, Steve Garro, 37, was seriously injured while riding his bicycle on Cedar Avenue. Police officials say preliminary investigation indicates that Garro was at fault and that alcohol was present at the scene.

His collision is one of a rising number of bicycle/automobile collisions in the city, and police officials want to remind bicyclists to take steps to stay safe while out on the streets.

Deputy Chief Brent Cooper of the Flagstaff Police Department said Garro is at Flagstaff Medical Center in the intensive care unit. He is on life-support, suffering from head injuries and a compound fracture of his thigh bone.

Cooper said that according to officers on the scene, Garro was not wearing a helmet at the time of collision.

According to police accident reports, a Flagstaff man was driving his car in the right lane of Cedar Avenue heading westbound. A blue Chevy truck was in the lane to the left. Behind the truck was another vehicle.

The Flagstaff man said he passed the Linda Vista Drive on-ramp onto Cedar.

"I was heading west up Cedar Hill when a guy on a bicycle was coming downhill at a high rate of speed," the man wrote in a witness statement. "He crossed in front of me as I slammed on the brakes. He plowed head-on into the blue Chevy next to me."

A passenger of the Chevy, which was driven by a man from Grand Canyon, wrote in a statement that the cyclist missed the first vehicle, and while looking back, slammed into the Chevy.

When the driver of the Chevy hit the brakes, the vehicle behind the Chevy hit the Chevy.

Garro was rushed to the hospital, where he is listed in critical condition, according to a hospital spokesperson.

Cooper said the possibility of alcohol being involved in the accident is under investigation.
your avatar rocks

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
your avatar rocks
Currently, so does yours. All I need to do is find someone who can make the parrot boy pic into an avatar.

I don't think a helmet would have helped that guy. Sounds like he used very bad judgement.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
A helmet definantly would not have made it worse though.....

Hope he pulls through, but it does sound like he was in the wrong..... especially if he was drunk :eek: