Quantcast

Ales & Trails Trail Patrollers Needed

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
Ales & Trails is scheduled for China Camp State Park on Saturday, May 19, 2007. This year, it is being held as a fundraiser to benefit the IMBA California office.

For those of us involved in BTCEB, BTCM, ROMP, A4B, MBOSC and other Bay Area mountain bike advocacy groups, we recognize the significance of an IMBA office located right here in California, dedicated to helping the local clubs meet our goals.

As part of the festivities, Shaun Reid (former president of BTCEB and NorCAMBA) has been working with IMBA and Hilride Productions to pull of a successful festival this year. I got a phone call from Nat and Rachael Lopes (formerly an IMBA Trail Care Crew, more details at http://www.hilride.com) to ask with some of the planning.

One thing that I have been asked to do is to recruit 5-10 volunteer bicycle trail patrollers for the event.

Trail Patrol responsibilities include:
* To be on the trails from 9am-12pm
* Aiding with trail user conflicts, mechanicals, directions, minor first aid

Benefits will include:
* free admission to the festivities
* a special swag bag with unknown contents

We still need to deal with the specifics of identification on the trail and radio communications. Volunteers with FRS radios and brightly colored jerseys are the low budget method but I'm trying to work out loaner IMBA Trail Patrol jerseys.

More details of the event:

Save the Date!
Ales and Trails Event Scheduled for May 19
Circle Saturday May 19 on your calendar. China Camp State Park will be the scene of an all-day (9am - 4pm) IMBA celebration, with scads of great activities. If you've attended an Ales and Trails event in the past, you know how much fun this will be. The 2007 edition includes:
* Cafe IMBA
* Guided Rides
* Bike Skills Clinic
* Gourmet BBQ
* Beer Tasting
* Live Music

Online registration opens next week.
Stay tuned to the IMBA California home page for more details.

Two local beer sponsors (Iron Springs and Broken Drum - we'd love an East Bay brewer to come if you know someone) Poor Man's Whiskey performing acid bluegrass, Gourmet bbq in the form of a pig roast, Group rides led by bike skills, Tons o' schwag, Kids events (we'd like more families to attend), a trials demo and more.

I will be leading a family ride for those with mountain biking "lowered expectations" spouses and girlfriends, kids, burley trailers and wee-ride seats. More details on that to come also...