Quantcast

Alex Price

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Alex wasn't a Monkey, didn't have a computer. but i figured it'd be nice to post this here.

Alex was riding the anual thursday ride last week, www.tourdebar.com.
when he cliped his head on a parking garage support beam, the large concrete ones. he hit at such an angle that his DJ helmet slid back on his head, so his forehead took the full impact, at about 20mph. Al passed out instantly, he cracked his skull from the beam and when he landed he cracked the back of his head on the ground. he's in the ICU on Strong Hostpital in Rochester, NY. he also fractured every face bone he has, shattering his right eye socket. almost loosing his eye thursday night. at the moment his condition has gotten a ton better. he has to be in a medical induced coma because the pain is so much. but somehow he still wakes up when people are around. you can see his heartrate go up too, doctors say this is a a good thing.
he Bruised his brain, and hurt it enough that he needs a machine to keep him breathing.
he's on the 3rd floor room 2800. Alex also doesn't have health insurance... so we're trying to get a charity concert July 29 at the Montage Grill. bands all day, food, and good ole time. i'm also having t-shirts made.

If anyone has any other questions, or would like to come see him, or help out. please call my cell 585-732-6202

thanks monkies
Steve

this is Alex

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Man, that sucks.

And I know this isnt a good time to bitch, but seriously monkeys, if you EVER needed a good example of why health insurance is a MUST here you go.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Good vibes his way. Someone should set up a donation plan or something, I'd gladly chip in.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Sending my prayers his way.

BurlyShirley said:
Man, that sucks.

And I know this isnt a good time to bitch, but seriously monkeys, if you EVER needed a good example of why health insurance is a MUST here you go.
No its the perfect time to bring it up. Alex's situation is not abstract its real. Its EXACTLY the kind of incident that could happen to any rider on any day.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Love and strength Alex. Peace to the Roc. Positive vibes coming up from the Apple.

t

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Steve, please keep us updated about Alex's condition, and post the paypal account when you get a chance. I will keep Alex and his family in my prayers.

-sunny

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Alex is doing a lot better. even though he's in the medical coma, he still will wake up a little with people around. he even started to cry last night, can't talk with 4 tubes in one's mouth. sure is nice to go, and get into the ICU (alex is in room 4) and hear laughter coming from room 4. he's recovering a lot faster then the nurses expected which is awesome. he'll have his own room soon, which will be good so we can go in and pimp it out.
thanks everyone!!
Steve

paypal account will be setup shortly

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
we got VERY good word from the hottie nurse today. she's most certain that Alex will be fine. with no mental injuries. tomorrow, July 5th, they are taking him of the resperator to see if he can breathe on his own. his fever is also gone, which is ****ing awesome. they are also taking down his meds too. this is happening tomorrow between 8-10am. i'll be there at about 1 or so.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
If I get out of work early one of these days I'll try and stop and see him. Good news though milky, and great work to all those who are getting together the benefit day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ended up nixing my plans for the weekend to go up and see him, as he is one of my best friends. It was rough to see him like this, as none us have ever seen him sit still or be quiet for more than 5 mintues at a time. However, his progress has been incredible. Yesterday he was opening his eyes much more than the previous days and was rather calm. Unfortunately I had to come back to Philadelphia to work today, but I am nowhere near as worried as I was when I first heard. People in rochester are coming out of the woodwork in support of him, which is really good to see. It's also helping his mother cope with this as well. She's rather overwhelmed at all the support from everyone. I'm waiting to hear whether or not he successfully starts breathing this morning. I'll post any updates when I get them.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Holy crap!:eek: :( I'm glad to hear he is getting better. Al's a great guy. I've only hung out with him a few times, but he was really positive and genuine. Keep us updated and let us know what we can do.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Echo said:
5 bucks says Al scores with the hottie nurse before this story is over.

i got 5 bux that says its before he wakes up. :rofl:

we keep telling him how hot his nurses are trying to get him to wake up and enjoy it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
HOLY S*&% Just got off the phone. He is off the respirator, awake, and talking to everyone. Still groggy but he remembers bits and pieces. this is amazing!

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Zark said:
Good vibes his way. Someone should set up a donation plan or something, I'd gladly chip in.
Same here man. I'm glad he's getting better. Shows the power that Monkeys vibes can generate. The hot nurses probaly helped too :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Stopped in there last night, damn do they ever have him on some quality drugs. The little red glowing thing on his finger to track his blood pressure was "installed by some creepy dude that gave him a really bad vibe" and "they are using it to track him". DHS is "the leader of a cult that kidnapped him and is secretly moving him from hospital to hospital". Oh and he kept asking us to "get him out of this creepy corner", but he was in the middle of the room. He definitely messed himself up good, but all things considered, he'll probably turn out OK. He's in for an unpleasant few weeks though.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ok...

Al had some reviews.. has a brain trama review tomorrow.. he's going to be move to st mary's in a day or so. they have the best recovery for his injuries. they say average recovery is about 1 year...........................
rode in today, he's more sane, had a good conversation on how he took a **** soo big..

he's now on the 6th floor, 3600, room 23.

other news. the charity Prom, is July 28-29. 15bands so far and more coming. $10 a day or $15 for both. Montage Grill. be there, or i'm hunting you down. and dragging you there.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
DHS said:
ok...

Al had some reviews.. has a brain trama review tomorrow.. he's going to be move to st mary's in a day or so. they have the best recovery for his injuries. they say average recovery is about 1 year...........................
rode in today, he's more sane, had a good conversation on how he took a **** soo big..

he's now on the 6th floor, 3600, room 23.

other news. the charity Prom, is July 28-29. 15bands so far and more coming. $10 a day or $15 for both. Montage Grill. be there, or i'm hunting you down. and dragging you there.
You guys are such good friends. We'll be there if we can. If there's anything I can do, let me know. Maybe there will be a special batch of chocolate chip cookies for Al ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
its 2 days now? 15 bands? awesome! that weekend is on my calendar. i'm putting a pic of al on my bike for p.kill this weekend. that boy needs some dh, if only in spirit. :thumb:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I had a friend who had a fractured skull from a pretty nasty head plant to concrete, and whilst he pretty much got better after a couple of months, it took him easily a year plus to be back to 'normal'.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
you're cookies are the best in the world i'm not sure if we can give him any. he's on these 15 flavors of paste now. the orange ice cream is actually pretty good. i could have that and water on my camel back...

i would kill for some of your cookies though. to all Monkies, you folks are missing out on Treesaw's cookies.