Quantcast

Alex Price

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Echo said:
Stopped in there last night, damn do they ever have him on some quality drugs. The little red glowing thing on his finger to track his blood pressure was "installed by some creepy dude that gave him a really bad vibe" and "they are using it to track him". DHS is "the leader of a cult that kidnapped him and is secretly moving him from hospital to hospital". Oh and he kept asking us to "get him out of this creepy corner", but he was in the middle of the room. He definitely messed himself up good, but all things considered, he'll probably turn out OK. He's in for an unpleasant few weeks though.
Yeah, drugs...hospitals...looming future. I remember those times not so long ago...crazy times.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
so Alex's favorite mtb movie. let alone favorite movie, is Roam. it use to be NWD 6. either way. he has both films memorized and has the sounds tracks and such. so lets say we are listening to one, he can name the trick the pro is performing in the video even though we are just listening to the tune. yea, a bit much. but loves to ride. so i sent a e-mail off to the collective film group about it anyway, just asking if i could play their films at the charity party. with no issues. here's the reply i got...

"Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing that story with us. It’s never good to hear about a fellow rider going down that hard, I’m glad to hear his condition is improving. You definitely have our permission to show both of our films at no charge to you. If you send me your address I can send the DVDs out ASAP as well as a few shirts, hats, and stickers. What size T-shirt do you think Alex would wear?

Talk to you soon,
Darcy Wittenburg - The Collective"

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
DHS said:
so Alex's favorite mtb movie. let alone favorite movie, is Roam.... so i sent a e-mail off to the collective film group about it anyway, just asking if i could play their films at the charity party. with no issues. here's the reply i got...

"Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing that story with us. It’s never good to hear about a fellow rider going down that hard, I’m glad to hear his condition is improving. You definitely have our permission to show both of our films at no charge to you. If you send me your address I can send the DVDs out ASAP as well as a few shirts, hats, and stickers. What size T-shirt do you think Alex would wear?

Talk to you soon,
Darcy Wittenburg - The Collective"
Wow. That's class.

Good work Steve!

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA

UPDATE
- Concert is now at the PENNY ARCADE AUGUST 18-19, Fri-SAT. 19 bands, $10 per day or $15 for both. everything made at the door goes to Alex.

(the Montage Grill tried a hip-hop concert last week, and someone was shot for saying something wrong in the lyrics)

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
it'll be a good time. i swear... there will be a bunch of killer raffles tooooo

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
DHS said:
you're cookies are the best in the world i'm not sure if we can give him any. he's on these 15 flavors of paste now. the orange ice cream is actually pretty good. i could have that and water on my camel back...

i would kill for some of your cookies though. to all Monkies, you folks are missing out on Treesaw's cookies.
:( I didn't think about that....cookies for Al when he can enjoy them for sure :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn man tell him the Rump Junkie expects him to be enjoying hottie nurse booty ASAP! oh and i hope he feels better every day....

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Al can now eat regular food. he has a little hard time chewing at the moment. they just excepted him into St mary's which is a kickass recovering place for trauma. should only be in there for a little over a week. then he may just go home. one of my good friends does this for a living. helping out the mentally injured. so she's moving in with him to help out.

so he can have your famous kickass cookies now!

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
Hey DHS have you sorted out a paypal donation account yet, i would love to give some money to alex to help him on his recovery.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
Man, that sucks.

And I know this isnt a good time to bitch, but seriously monkeys, if you EVER needed a good example of why health insurance is a MUST here you go.
ditto on both points. good luck to him.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
no sorry. working on that. Alex has never had his own bankaccount. and i want to be super legit on this aswell. so his mom is looking more into that. plus it looks like medicare is gonna take up some slack on this.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ok, so The Collective Gear just came in. i guess we can have a mtb raffle.. holy crap.
4 copies of Roam
2 Copies of the Collective
1 sounds track.
3 T-shirts.
a cool 25years of stumpjumper history and a **** load of Roam posters

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
DHS said:
Al can now eat regular food. he has a little hard time chewing at the moment. they just excepted him into St mary's which is a kickass recovering place for trauma. should only be in there for a little over a week. then he may just go home. one of my good friends does this for a living. helping out the mentally injured. so she's moving in with him to help out.

so he can have your famous kickass cookies now!
:dancing: YEAH!!!!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Keep us posted on how we can help from a far not being able to attend the concert.

Best wishes for a quick recovery. This sounds extremely bad. I hope he doesn't have to endure more pain than he absolutely has too. My thoughts are with him and all of his family and friends.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
he is doing a lot better. hes finishing all the tests at the new place better then they expected. plus the head nurse it freaking gorgeous..
sorry, anyway. doing much better. though he may be in there longer then a week. it almost looks like he'll be at his charity concert. that would be sooo cooool. i was thinking of putting a helmet cam on him. since his mom probably won't let him leave the house without a full face on...
visiting hours are after 4:30pm
please go visit him. i wish i could record his conversations. they are ****ing hilarious

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
also his e-mail
Alex.Demon.Price@gmail.com

isn't just his paypal, its also his first e-mail address. so when he does get out he can check it, was wondering if anyone would just like to e-mail him get well messages and such. something to read when he gets better

THANKS!
Steve

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
DHS said:
also his e-mail
Alex.Demon.Price@gmail.com

isn't just his paypal, its also his first e-mail address. so when he does get out he can check it, was wondering if anyone would just like to e-mail him get well messages and such. something to read when he gets better

THANKS!
Steve
Nice.

You are one of those people I want on my side when things get tough... :love:

Is there a physical address for him, for get-well cards or post cards from the West Coast? A PM with this info might be a better idea, though.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ukjason said:
May be we could all sign a word document and keep passing it around via email then send it to him or something like that
damn, thats a cool idea. i'm gonna have to get the internet for his house, so he can have a ridemonkey account now. haha..

you can send all cards and such to me, i go visit him everyday

Steve Kowaluk
2321 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14618

he's been allowed to wear one of the roam shirts too. he's pretty stoked.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
DHS said:
damn, thats a cool idea. i'm gonna have to get the internet for his house, so he can have a ridemonkey account now. haha..

you can send all cards and such to me, i go visit him everyday

Steve Kowaluk
2321 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14618

he's been allowed to wear one of the roam shirts too. he's pretty stoked.
Let me know if you need any help with that.

Does he like tea?

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
does anyone know where i can get those raffle ticket rolls?

i'm also going to see if i can play all of roam at the concert. we have a pretty nice dvd projector setup

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Graphics said:
Here's my card...hope it helps!!

That has to be the best 2nd post ever.

Healing vibes out to Alex.

DHS, if I ever (God forbid) get hurt I hope I have someone like you in my corner. I know you're not doing this for praise or anything like that but you're being one heck of a stand up guy and a good friend. :thumb:

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
you can get the raffle ticket rolls at office supply stores like staples or something.
give al a hug for me i wish i could come to the concert.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
so now it looks like Alex will be able to actually be at his own concert. he had a weekend pass this past weekend. and other then a mild headache yesterday. he can do with being out of St Mary's for alittle bit. we're going to take him for a little off road walk today, to see how he does.

(yay!)

Steve

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
YAY!!!! Go Alex. Can't wait to meet you at the concert!! Hope you guys have a great day...sounds like you BOTH could use that nice relaxing walk. Hope it goes well. :wave:

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Tara Llanes
Lisa Myklak
Anka Martin
Amelia Colasurdo
Tracy Hannah
Leanna Gerrard
Marla Streb
Melissa Buhl
Eric Carter
Brian Lopes

i'll get the list again. can't remember them all..

oh don't forget Sven.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
DHS said:
Tara Llanes
Lisa Myklak
Anka Martin
Amelia Colasurdo
Tracy Hannah
Leanna Gerrard
Marla Streb
Melissa Buhl
Eric Carter
Brian Lopes

i'll get the list again. can't remember them all..

oh don't forget Sven.
Sven was one of your first signers. Anka mentioned that the outpouring of support after Sven's accident last year was tremendous, and such a great morale booster. As soon as Anka told Sven I had a get well card, he came straight over and grabbed a pen.

signers not on your list:
Joanna Petterson (Morewood)
Rich Houseman (Yeti)
Georgia Gould (XC for Luna Chix)
Shonny Vanlandingham (XC for Luna Chix)

-sunny