Quantcast

alexis_dh goes urban downhilling.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so, on a very short notice, i decided to sign up for a urban race 200 miles away.
its a great excuse to go out, drive around the mountains, make 2-3 3-minute runs and spend time with the wife....

left Lima at 2pm on saturday, got the race venue at 9pm.... woke up 6am next day to have a look at the track (1.4 miles of stairs.... steep and very, very fast, winner had an average speed of 35+mph over the course). only had time to do 2 full runs (including my race run), but it was well worth it. i had a blast.

race started kinda late, so at 2pm, i had to leave... drove to a nearby lake for lunch, lied on the grass with the wife for some time, while admiring the awesomeness of the mountains.... then drove back to Lima. got back home at 10pm.

the bike, the wife and me.

a lake next to the road.

my wife would not drive my car down the "trailhead" (she is scared of off-roading), so i found a crazy enough taxi driver to shuttle me near the top of the mountain.

mantaro valley. one of my new favorite places

my wife wanted to ride up the mountain to see what the fuzz is all about.

the traihead. 1.4 miles of stairs all the way down to the town below

shuttle truck, brought by the local organizers.

drive back to lima.

here is me practicing the last 200 yards...

i dont have any better pictures (my 60d was stolen last week.... my 2nd stolen dslr this year). havent had time to upload my race run, but probably will, as soon i find some video editing freeware

Last edited:

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Wow ...you made that look easy, Homem.
Well over my head.
Anyone run that last ramp?

Seeing you do that ... I can't help but wonder ...
What kind of bedsheets does that dude have? ;)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Wow ...you made that look easy, Homem.
Well over my head.
Anyone run that last ramp?

Seeing you do that ... I can't help but wonder ...
What kind of bedsheets does that dude have? ;)
a few people hit the last ramp. less than 20% of racers.
not me though, my wife does not drive very well, specially exposed roads; so i couldnt risk not being able to drive back home. imo, it was badly placed, you came up with little speed for such a good sized jump to flat.

awesome track.

Last edited: