Quantcast

Alibayexpress parts you love

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Better than x01 or xtr? I’ve run xtr chain on “shimano” garbunk chainring and x01 cassette, the x01 chain also fit fine on that chain ring.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Better than x01 or xtr? I’ve run xtr chain on “shimano” garbunk chainring and x01 cassette, the x01 chain also fit fine on that chain ring.
I'm getting as dorky with marginal gains as Kidwoo does with tires. Various places have shown that YBN SLA chains have the lowest friction and longest...longevity compared to shimano or KMC chains. SRAM outlasts them but at a cost of like 10% efficiency (which is fucking HUGE). YBN has the least wattage lost compared to shimano campy or KMC.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
You’re assuming that is actually ybn and they didn’t just through harden it with a little oxygen leak (or god forbid just got it randomly really hot to get that straw color).

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I might be a cheap glasses convert, bought some safety sunglasses for work and I prefer the lenses to my normal sunglasses.
Sixteen aussie dollars, adjustable arms for angle and length, they are made in Germany and look way less ENDURO dumb than my Julbos.
PXL_20231219_064630078_1.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Awesome, they still make helmets in Germany.
I bought a Kask because they were the only ones I could find that didn't farm the work out to the far east and charge a million bucks for a bit of foam.

EDIT- I might even give some Uvex work boots a go, they look quite well thought out, low drop, magnetic strap over the zip instead of Velcro or clasp, three arch heights for innersoles and the sole isn't a brick type pattern. I get lazy at work, my tread lugs drop in to steel grates and I go to turn and my knee gets sad, I think the Uvex boots would make that less of an issue but they would probably also have less grip.

Attachments

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I don't care who wears them, cheap, made in Germany, fits my head, lenses are good, not owned by Luxottica, multiple wins in my book.
Might have to get an E-bike to go with my boomer glasses.
'
The "Safety" sunglasses are a couple dozen Euro's, but the "Sport" versions are in the multi hundreds. Fully separate websites too, Uvex Sport and Uvex Safety.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got a Ztto starnut install tool and ramrod from Aliexpress. Seems like decent quality.

Not even sure why I bought it, I don't have any star nuts to put in.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Garmin mount I want is $28 on ebay, $20 on Amazon or ~$14 on aliexpress...

Given ebay is still terrible, but my normal go to for small stuff. I haven't used Amazon in years and have never used Ali.

WWSD?
Some of the stuff on there is not too bad of quality.

Greatest downside is the random shipping times. I've had stuff show up in under 2 weeks, but I'm still "waiting" (they aint comin', who am I kidding) for presta valves and some other thing that I ordered months ago - grand total of under $10 lost though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Given ebay is still terrible, but my normal go to for small stuff. I haven't used Amazon in years and have never used Ali.

WWSD?
These days I am finding what I need on Ali, then trying to see if I can find it on the “choice” section of the website. These tend to be discounted even more heavily from the other garbage.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $3.99 76% Off | WEST BIKING Bike Computer Bracket Aluminum Alloy Speedometer GPS Support Cycling Flashlight Gopro Mount Extension Mount Holder

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
These days I am finding what I need on Ali, then trying to see if I can find it on the “choice” section of the website. These tend to be discounted even more heavily from the other garbage.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $3.99 76% Off | WEST BIKING Bike Computer Bracket Aluminum Alloy Speedometer GPS Support Cycling Flashlight Gopro Mount Extension Mount Holder
That's similar to what I have now with the light/gopro mount being the backing for securing the gps twist thingy retaining screws. Then if you do actually mount a light that far out it puts a lot of stress on the bar attachment points and bounces around.

The one I'd linked the light attachment is removable and further back for better weight - not that I ever run a front light on my road bike, which is why I want one without it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That's similar to what I have now with the light/gopro mount being the backing for securing the gps twist thingy retaining screws. Then if you do actually mount a light that far out it puts a lot of stress on the bar attachment points and bounces around.

The one I'd linked the light attachment is removable and further back for better weight - not that I ever run a front light on my road bike, which is why I want one without it.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $3.81 37% Off | Gps Bike Support Bicycle Computer Mount Bicycle Computer Holder For Garmin Wahoo Camera Mount For-Gopro Light Bracket

i always ride with a front light. Every time I don’t, I nearly get creamed by a bad driver

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Some of the stuff on there is not too bad of quality.

Greatest downside is the random shipping times. I've had stuff show up in under 2 weeks, but I'm still "waiting" (they aint comin', who am I kidding) for presta valves and some other thing that I ordered months ago - grand total of under $10 lost though.
A lot of the "choice" stuff turns up here in 3 days.
NW chainring, TPU tube and a rechargeable LED worklight for about $6 shipped. Mental!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
i always ride with a front light. Every time I don’t, I nearly get creamed by a bad driver
if you're in the market for a new one. Look at the CBL 1600. Same light as the Magicshine EVO 1600 but Half Magicshine's price. Hands down the best road light I've ever used. The remote can be placed on your sti hood and one button flips it from dipped to main beam. Super useable spread and drivers actually do pay attention if you hit them with main beam. The App that comes with it is as usual half arsed shite. But it's really not required once you've set your preferences.
It's only downside is it's fairly long charge time and a bit vague battery level indication when in use.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
if you're in the market for a new one. Look at the CBL 1600. Same light as the Magicshine EVO 1600 but Half Magicshine's price. Hands down the best road light I've ever used. The remote can be placed on your sti hood and one button flips it from dipped to main beam. Super useable spread and drivers actually do pay attention if you hit them with main beam. The App that comes with it is as usual half arsed shite. But it's really not required once you've set your preferences.
It's only downside is it's fairly long charge time and a bit vague battery level indication when in use.
Thanks, I’ll take a look! I’ve been using the BR800 in blinky mode and it’s been wonderful aside from weak battery life for a 4 plus hour ride

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

WWSD?
OK, I'm going to circle back here now that I'm not posting from the lobby of MIT.

Aliexpress is honest-to-goodness a great option. You can find literally the same items on Amazon or Ebay as you can on Aliexpress, but they are universally much cheaper. Here's a great example; I'm shopping for a downtube guard, and found an "Enlee" for small bucks on Ali.

$12 through Amazon, plus tax
$12 through ebay, with currency conversion plus tax.
$4 through Ali Plus tax...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133935258636?hash=item1f2f29dc0c:g:btIAAOSwNslhkhyd
It's even cheaper ($2) if you go through the Choice program (but you gotta buy other crap too).

I've had stuff arrive within 7 days of placing the order to the east coast of the US. It takes Jenson just as long to ship stuff from California on UPS. Of course Prime is faster, but it's 4 times the cost. I think I've said it before- I've had one legitimate issue with Aliexpress, which was a stem that was manufactured wrong and was crooked. It was resolved in about 48 hours from making my request. I bought a second stem and it's fine. I just placed a Choice order for a GPS mount, chainstay guard (mentioned in this thread) plus some faux ergon grips and some socks- came out to $10.78.