Quantcast

Alibayexpress parts you love

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

These are apparently UV resistant among other things. I've found the lenses to be very good for most things, and ventilation adequate for road and mountain use.

At 1/10th the cost of other sunglasses, you can buy an extra set if they do get scratched. I don't know about impact resistance, but if the lenses are polycarbonate they should offer some resistance.
I ordered a pair of these as a Christmas gift for my oldest. He needs glasses for xc skiing. They arrived yesterday. They feel very flimsy. I hope they don't shatter into eyes and blind him for life... :\

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
I ordered a pair of these as a Christmas gift for my oldest. He needs glasses for xc skiing. They arrived yesterday. They feel very flimsy. I hope they don't shatter into eyes and blind him for life... :\
I have maybe 700 miles on mine and am not dead.

Plus doesn't flimsy imply flexible and therefore bend not break?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
One thing I like about Bikeyoke. They actually give you the F-ing remote with the post...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. Now you mention it. I did know that.
I tend to feel sorry for anyone who's bought a Fox dropper.
Even more so if Kashima

Oct 29, 2007
Got to exploring aliexpress after reading this thread, and coincidentally the Guide RS master cylinder on my hardtail failed while sitting in a cold garage. I had seen the Risk titanium lever piston kits on aliX, and am going to give them a try. Looks like there are several version of this product, including some that claim to use Trelleborg seals, and another that is shipped immersed in DOT fluid in a small vial. Couldn't imagine they are any worse than my stuck OEM plastic piston, but I will report back when they arrive and I can drop them in.

Attachments

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I have those in my old 2017 Guide RS (still in use on my Capra).
fitted after they developed the fairly well known issue with the plastic pistons expanding when warm and lever blade sticking.
If you're doing the job yourself that wee circlip in there is a bastard without small but long fine nose circlip pliers.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
fitted after they developed the fairly well known issue with the plastic pistons expanding when warm and lever blade sticking.
If you're doing the job yourself that wee circlip in there is a bastard without small but long fine nose circlip pliers.
They were fairly easy to warranty the levers over here and get replacements, I ended up having to do a set of mine and wifey's.

Oct 29, 2007
They were fairly easy to warranty the levers over here and get replacements, I ended up having to do a set of mine and wifey's.
For a while there they were comping us at the shop stacks of chains and brake pads to perform the warranty service, but unfortunately that program is over for the Guides, as all of the affected levers are 3+ years old at this point. Caught me by surprise when that happened, as it was standard operating procedure at the shop. Now we just sell them new lever assemblies, but I personally feel that replacing the pistons would probably be a better deal for everyone involved.

Oct 29, 2007
Fingers crossed the Knipex snap ring pliers are fit for the job. I've heard its a finicky piece to access. But...one of the most satisfying tools to use, right behind the hammer.