Quantcast

Alibayexpress parts you love

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
And for my own sketchy part amusement The ee wings doupe. Welding titanium is hard, like basically you can do well and if comes out great or you can do it poorly and the joint can be broken with a couple fingers. So in pretty confident that they're actually pretty good, if they come in at the quoted weight they're like 1/4 pounds lighter than stiff carbon cranks at the same price.

US $399.99 | Handmade Titanium Crankset MTB Crank ARMS Crankset Mountain bike Crank arms Road Bike Crankset Titanium MTB Parts
stack'a'dimes, innit? I love me some cheap chinese shit, and I contemplated a Waltly titanium hardtail for a spell, but those...don't look great. And that's a part that I generally don't love to skimp on.

That being said, I can't wait for you to get them.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Put some old stock wheel on for the picture. Not used this just yet, but seems well built. Will need to fine tune the center point a hair.
I have this stand. I used it to build the wheels it's very good. I use a Park stand to quick true with tires still on the rim.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I have this stand. I used it to build the wheels it's very good. I use a Park stand to quick true with tires still on the rim.

Good to hear results from someone else that has one. The current rear wheel on my bike is in need of love that will be its first use. Did you get a spoke tension gauge from Aliexpress too?

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Good to hear results from someone else that has one. The current rear wheel on my bike is in need of love that will be its first use. Did you get a spoke tension gauge from Aliexpress too?
Ive been looking for one thats better than the park one i have. let me know if you find a good one.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
This looks worth the $/€s. Thx for sharing. Only thing holding me back is shipping costs around 50% of the stand's price itself. :greedy:

I especially dig the "Removeable board 4mm hax key" :D

Haha! There are many of the same exact ones on their site, all have different prices and shipping costs. See which one is cheapest for you!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not from Alibay but these Velo Orange stems sell for $35 in Aus-
1645953068992.png

It's probably on Ali or the Bay without the VO branding on it fo less money.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't have it in hand yet, but I recently ordered a part from Aliexpress and I'm kind of surprised how efficient it is.

Item shipped on the 18th and it landed in Canada on the the 23rd, all for $8 in shipping. Its taken longer and been more expensive to ship something from a "local" bike shop than this.

And I guess credit to this side of the ocean as well, it looks like it was released by customs in Vancouver yesterday and is magically out for delivery today, on the other side of the country. Or maybe the tracking thing is wrong and it really hit customs here in Toronto, but either way, not bad for $8.
1648211418224.png

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Interesting timing. Despite my reluctance for cheap shit between my teeth and the ground, I opted for a chinese stem for my time trial build because I wanted something low, and the difference between the real deal and the knockoff, in this case, was negligible.

I figured I won't be doing any drops with the thing, and I'll probably spend a considerable amount of time with it on the trainer before it hits the road to see if it's going to spontaneously combust. I will give it a thorough looksee when it arrives, but I'm honestly having a difficult time seeing any differences in the photos. They both seem to have the same casting, hollow bits, bolt design, color, even stickers. Just one has FSA decals and the other has raceforce or whatever. Even if it's 6061 instead of 2014 alloy, I've spent plenty of time on shitty no-name stems on other bikes to not worry about it too much.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Interesting timing. Despite my reluctance for cheap shit between my teeth and the ground, I opted for a chinese stem for my time trial build because I wanted something low, and the difference between the real deal and the knockoff, in this case, was negligible.

I figured I won't be doing any drops with the thing, and I'll probably spend a considerable amount of time with it on the trainer before it hits the road to see if it's going to spontaneously combust. I will give it a thorough looksee when it arrives, but I'm honestly having a difficult time seeing any differences in the photos. They both seem to have the same casting, hollow bits, bolt design, color, even stickers. Just one has FSA decals and the other has raceforce or whatever. Even if it's 6061 instead of 2014 alloy, I've spent plenty of time on shitty no-name stems on other bikes to not worry about it too much.
Y U no the oil slick version?

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Need a bunch of ti bolts, should i just get the sizes and try deal with someone on there?
They're working well for me. I've done most bolts on both bikes. All torqued up fine. Brakes and cockpit saves like 30-40g for like maybe $35. Which ain't bad, and you get pretty oil slick abs no chances of getting shit stains on your stuff from the screws rusting.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
They're working well for me. I've done most bolts on both bikes. All torqued up fine. Brakes and cockpit saves like 30-40g for like maybe $35. Which ain't bad, and you get pretty oil slick abs no chances of getting shit stains on your stuff from the screws rusting.
I was gonna order off ebay, but then was like all these will come from there and someones just doubling the price of them that they are in the UK.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
or its something that didn't pass FSA's QA checks and was "scrapped"
Could also be:
FSA wanted 1000, they made a batch bigger than that (overrun in case of QA issues ... or for fun/profit), and sold off the remaining.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
or its something that didn't pass FSA's QA checks and was "scrapped"
y'all act like this will spontaneously combust. The only blems I can find are on the faceplate- there is a small "paint drop" on one side which could be paint or a casting issue, and the ridges continue to the edge on one side vs. stopping short on the other. Neither of which effect anything other than dig wagging on the internet. The base stem, the bit that attaches the steerer to the bar, is perfect. The stickers are miserable which gives credence to this being an FSA that has been re-labeled. I may reach out to the seller to see if i can get a replacement faceplate, but I want to take another look at it.
Could also be:
FSA wanted 1000, they made a batch bigger than that (overrun in case of QA issues ... or for fun/profit), and sold off the remaining.
This is what I think. This is the same weight as the FSA and the same dimensions and the same finish. There are obvious knockoffs out there, with clearly a different casting but similar dimensions: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333871768891?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=8bc78bbe48424e4d93f11f91752184ea&bu=43195326865&osub=-1~1&crd=20220301230207&segname=11051&sojTags=ch=ch,bu=bu,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid. There are several "brands" of this stem that are all identical aside from stickering: https://www.ebay.com/itm/193282724480?hash=item2d008c5280:g:wcoAAOSwydpeDa3x I'll also say that FSA seems to get picked on more than other brands in terms of knockoffs. Not sure if they just don't defend themselves, or if they are more open in terms of protections in taiwan, or what, but other brands don't see to see as much non-retailer sales or knockoffs as fsa.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was just looking at 11-50 11sp cassettes (ZTTO?) but skeptical Nick is skeptical.
Yeah its a ZTTO cassette and seems to be similar to the XO1 Eagle - bottom 11 gears are all one solid piece. It seems at least as well made as the GX cassettes I have (don't have XO1 to compare), but at half the price and 50 grams less. I think its worth the gamble...

If I can get my wheel back from the wheel guy and this snowy cold weather goes away, maybe I can test it soon.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
And ztto claims to be formed from a manufacturing plant that sram basically just abandoned so they probably do have actually first party ip (like the actual drawings) to copy from rather than the typically reverse engineering the Chinese do.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
y'all act like this will spontaneously combust. The only blems I can find are on the faceplate- there is a small "paint drop" on one side which could be paint or a casting issue, and the ridges continue to the edge on one side vs. stopping short on the other. Neither of which effect anything other than dig wagging on the internet. The base stem, the bit that attaches the steerer to the bar, is perfect. The stickers are miserable which gives credence to this being an FSA that has been re-labeled. I may reach out to the seller to see if i can get a replacement faceplate, but I want to take another look at it.

This is what I think. This is the same weight as the FSA and the same dimensions and the same finish. There are obvious knockoffs out there, with clearly a different casting but similar dimensions: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333871768891?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=8bc78bbe48424e4d93f11f91752184ea&bu=43195326865&osub=-1~1&crd=20220301230207&segname=11051&sojTags=ch=ch,bu=bu,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid. There are several "brands" of this stem that are all identical aside from stickering: https://www.ebay.com/itm/193282724480?hash=item2d008c5280:g:wcoAAOSwydpeDa3x I'll also say that FSA seems to get picked on more than other brands in terms of knockoffs. Not sure if they just don't defend themselves, or if they are more open in terms of protections in taiwan, or what, but other brands don't see to see as much non-retailer sales or knockoffs as fsa.
You'll be missed. :cray:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not all defects can be detected by visual inspection.