Quantcast

Alibayexpress parts you love

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Probably no chamfers on any of the holes in the baking surface.
Is that what it is? I noticed those fuckers will slice you up given half a chance. Do you think it's worth getting that edge off? I sort of notice what Daisycutter was talking about as well, not noisy but not quiet.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Is that what it is? I noticed those fuckers will slice you up given half a chance. Do you think it's worth getting that edge off? I sort of notice what Daisycutter was talking about as well, not noisy but not quiet.
Yeah break those sharp edges with something and it’ll quiet down. Sand paper or a file will do it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I bought a set of those but didn't end up using them, only because i wanted something thicker and saw that ztto now have a 2.3mm rotor out. I sold them on but impressions of those zrace rotors were really good. How are they going?
As previously mentioned they're not as good as Shimano rotors but you wouldn't expect them to be. Once I take Leafy's advice and file off the sharp edges I'll report back.

Fat Larry

Chimp
Feb 3, 2022
As previously mentioned they're not as good as Shimano rotors but you wouldn't expect them to be. Once I take Leafy's advice and file off the sharp edges I'll report back.
Other than the edges what makes you say they're not as good (forgive my ignorance but i've literally setup my first bike with hydro brakes so have very little frame of reference)?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Other than the edges what makes you say they're not as good (forgive my ignorance but i've literally setup my first bike with hydro brakes so have very little frame of reference)?
If I'd characterize the Shimano icetech rotors and finned pads as being whisper quiet all the time, at least in my experience, then the Zrace rotors aren't that. Not noisy by any stretch but not as smooth for want of a better word. Shimano rotors have been really durable for me too and that remains to be seen with these el-cheapos.

Fat Larry

Chimp
Feb 3, 2022
If I'd characterize the Shimano icetech rotors and finned pads as being whisper quiet all the time, at least in my experience, then the Zrace rotors aren't that. Not noisy by any stretch but not as smooth for want of a better word. Shimano rotors have been really durable for me too and that remains to be seen with these el-cheapos.

Right cheers. I've been wondering about metal hardness etc on these ali rotors. Obviously that'll affect durability, and maybe noise?

These are the ones i'm using.

Only have about 8hrs on them but they've been good so far. Quite heavy. The rear warped slightly (like .3mm in a small section) but i think that was my fault as i didn't set the calliper up right when i rebuilt it. Need to fix that as it's howling and vibrating.

Might try these also as they're 2mm thick.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yeah the durability is likely questionable and I wouldn't be surprised if these rotors are only really suitable for resin pads. Still I'd be happy with them being merely adequate considering the price, as I say it's an experiment.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Who here mentioned getting some of that knockoff VHS chainstay protective stuff?

Is it holding up and sticking well?

Last edited:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I ended up buying some mastic tape for $40 to cover the few cm's of frame that were getting clanged by the chain. Oh well...

Just got two of those thing from aliexpress, might as well for $10.

I also got a big ass kite. Will it actually fly?

Milleratio

Chimp
Oct 24, 2021
Just yesterday I replaced my old reverb on my Capra with a Brand X ascend and fitted a ZTTO dropper lever. Seems decent enough quality. Personally don't think a dropper lever needs a bearing but being winter and in Scotland I should find out soon enough if its a bad idea.
The ZTTO dropper lever has bearing that at least in my installation is pointing fully open upwards. It's collecting all the water in to the bearing. Not a problem if you ride only in dry conditions.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I ended up buying some mastic tape for $40 to cover the few cm's of frame that were getting clanged by the chain. Oh well...

Just got two of those thing from aliexpress, might as well for $10.

I also got a big ass kite. Will it actually fly?
No-
1683982270043.png

I think I'm gonna get some silicone spiral wrap for my chainstay.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Long term review: these clear glasses have been great.

I was at a trailhead the other day and some guys were discussing their $80-$150 pairs. So I said hey I have the same thing and they were only $4 shipped. :rofl:

But yeah, for the price they are good. I've wiped them with my crusty shirt and they don't seem to scratch extremely easy. They also have adequate air flow, so they de-fog quickly.

I have a few pairs floating around now.

The only downside is that there is no padding on the ear pieces, so that might annoy some people. I have a shaded version, which I used once for driving (lost my regular pair) and while sitting in the car they got annoying, but out on the trail with a helmet on I don't notice.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You do realise cheap kids moto ones fit? ... And MOAR importantly... Look just as ridiculous