Quantcast

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I figured since there was a Michael Phelps thread, I might as well start one about my new favorite athlete. She may have cost the women's team the gold, but with an ass like that, I'm sure they forgive her.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
She did a good job of holding back the tears after balance beam fall.
I felt bad for her. I just can't imagine what the pressure weighing on her must have been like during the event. Once the fall on the beam occurred, the a$$-plop during the floor exercise was practically inevitable. In the end, the two 0.8 deductions for those mistakes didn't make up the total difference in the team scores plus it's quite tough to overcome "home field advantage".

And yes, she is built very nicely and quite a stark contrast from the peter pan pixies she competed against.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
No way some of those Chinese gals are 16. Bela Karoli (sp?) was speculating that the Chinese officials were basically printing up their "passports" (that prove their age) in the basement of the building.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
No way some of those Chinese gals are 16. Bela Karoli (sp?) was speculating that the Chinese officials were basically printing up their "passports" (that prove their age) in the basement of the building.
No kidding. Some of them looked like they were 10.

I felt bad for Alicia Sacramone for sure. I stopped watching when it was clear the US was doomed, and was glad to see that they'd lost by more than 1.6, 'cause it would suck for Sacramone to be so completly responsible for the loss. And yes, she's pretty hot.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I've met her a couple times through a friend that almost made the team, I felt really bad for her but apparently she's doing alright and not taking it to hard.
And there is no freaking way the Chinese are 16, 13 at most.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've met her a couple times through a friend that almost made the team, I felt really bad for her but apparently she's doing alright and not taking it to hard.
And there is no freaking way the Chinese are 16, 13 at most.
It wasn't really like those falls ultimatly cost the US anything. Yes, it sucks that she went down, and I'd be pissed at myself too, but the way things turned out, even without those two deductions the US still would have finished second.