Quantcast

aliens vs predator

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I'm such a good christian i'm going to see AVP-R tonight in a few minutes...anyone else either planning on it or has already seen it?

K, saw it. No where near as scary/spooky as the original Alien, but few can top that, aside from the occasional "jumping out of wall/behind corner" gig. It was basically just a lot of real fast aliens vs. predator vs. alien/predator hybrid mix. I liked it though, much more of an action movie. If you kinda liked the first one you'd probably like this one. The plot was decent, nothing too complicated and predictable. Oh yeah, they'll kill off anyone.

Spoiler/Long Summary:
The alien ship leaving at the end of the first AVP is seen, with predators loading up the face-suckers. The one inside the dead predator comes out and grows up, becoming the alien/predator hybrid that kills everyone on the ship. Ship turns around and crashes back into Earth, landing on Colorado. Father/son see ship crash, investigate, end up with the face-suckers on them and thus dead. All the main characters are introduced around this time, the highschooler and his girly, his ex-con brother, the sheriff, army mom and family, etc etc.
Anyway then the predator planet is shown and one of them leaves to go kill the aliens/hybrid on Earth. A man hunt starts for the father/son who are hunting/dead, where one of the cops dies. Theres a few scenes where the aliens are seen in the sewers attacking homeless people, and then all the fun starts. Basically a bunch of conflicts between all 3 of the creatures and humans for the next 40 minutes. Lots of people die, and the hybrid lays a bunch of eggs in pregnant women which hatch and make more aliens.
Theres one of those hard decision moments where the main group of people are trying to decide whether to go to the "air-lift" site or to the hospital to get a helicopter because the army-mom knows about the military. They split up and the mom and crew head to the hospital, where theres a bunch of aliens and theres some fights, etc. Few people die, yeah. Ends in a big fight between the predator and the hybrid, but the people all make it out in a helicopter. The sheriff and everyone who went to the "air-lift" get nuked. Those in the helicopter crash in the woods but are found the the military, where they take one of predator's guns that one guy had taken. It ends with a bunch of generals and this scientist bringing the gun to some lady who says its not meant for earth.

Thats about it, I liked it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm anxious to see it too.
There has been a serious lack of acid for blood in movies of recent ;)

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
well i just saw this movie and being a sci fi dork i thought it was pretty good. i really enjoyed this movie, definately worth checking out. jcook90 left a pretty acurate review about the film . the predator is pretty friggin dope his killing everthing .

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I saw it last night.
Wasn't too bad, better then the previous A vs P movie.
Bloody yes, not quite as gory as I thought it would be (not a bad thing).

Possible spoiler info...

The PredAlien attacking the pregnant women disturbed me...I don't think that was really necessary.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
remember in the 1st avp at the end a alien comes out of the predators chest the movie picks up right after the original avp . enjoy the film hopefully you get to see the trailer for hellboy 2 it looks pretty good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
remember in the 1st avp at the end a alien comes out of the predators chest the movie picks up right after the original avp.
I do remember that, but do they explain in the movie how Alien babies never created a HumAlien? They just use hosts for incubation.

In superhero movies, you'd need something like radiation to create a hybrid.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I think it's a case of the aliens we've seen are always hatched out of human hosts. So that's the variation, if you will, of human alien. In Alien 3 (which was an awful movie anyway) the single alien in that was from a dog and was significantly different in behavior from the human aliens of the previous films.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Now I'm going to have to watch Aliens 3 again.

Is a mother Alien really an ElephantAlien? She's one big bitch.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
o.k. i don't want to give to much away but the one that comes out of the chest of the predator in the 1st avp and it's a alien / predator mix is the mother of the rest of the aliens this time . now go and enjoy the movie and stop asking questions and somebody wrecks the movie for you.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
o.k. i don't want to give to much away but the one that comes out of the chest of the predator in the 1st avp and it's a alien / predator mix is the mother of the rest of the aliens this time .
Makes sense and only possibility as no matter how badass one PredAlien is, it couldn't take out more than a few Preds on it's own.

now go and enjoy the movie and stop asking questions and somebody wrecks the movie for you.
eh, for me, it's not a good movie if the only thing it has going for it is some "twist" or "surprise".

Like M.Night Shamalamadingdong's flicks... "What a twist!"

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i just saw it tonight with some friends. i think it's one of those films that is so bad, it's good.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
From an awful video game to an even worse movie. I would rather see Alvin and the Chipmunks, at least that has Jason Lee in it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I watched it on New Years.
It was pretty sweet, much better than AVP 1.

It was pretty awesome when a family with young kids left right after father/son chestburst scene.....What kinda movie did you think you were going to, this ain't Finding Nemo!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was pretty awesome when a family with young kids left right after father/son chestburst scene.....What kinda movie did you think you were going to, this ain't Finding Nemo!!
Some parents amaze me, but at least they were smart enough to leave. There was a new born at I am Legend in the IMax theater. WTF?