Quantcast

Aliso / Montage map

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Remember last month's protest ride regarding possible development of Aliso park? Well, here's a map of one possible scenario for the Montage golf course. I covered up the name of the design group, but this map has been verified by the Montage as one of the possibilities.

Apparently, we're getting news from various ecological preservation and advocacy groups that there is a lot less the county and Montage need to do to get the golf course rolling than originally thought. We'll be distributing phone #'s and addresses soon, so you can voice your opinions on the matter to county officials.

The first protest ride was a calm call to attention. The next one will not be so tame. It's time to stand up and make some noise.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
darkstar said:
just what we need here in the O C...another golf course
the funny thing about it is that golf courses (tyically) aren't profitable. if they really need to tear aw apart, wouldn't it be better served with more housing? not that i'm saying they should do that, but if something has to be put there...

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
reflux said:
the funny thing about it is that golf courses (tyically) aren't profitable. if they really need to tear aw apart, wouldn't it be better served with more housing? not that i'm saying they should do that, but if something has to be put there...
Well this isn't just a stand-alone golf course. This golf course would be part of the Montage Resort, a world-class resort located in Laguna Beach, with rooms/suites that cost up to $5500 per night.

DaKahuna

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Lake Elsinore, CA
Don't think I am for the golf course, but....

One argument that the Montage people may use is that the area they are proposing to develop is supposedly already off-limits to riding. All trails on that side of the park have the blue signs at the entrances. That area is supposedly closed to maintain the coyote breeding habitat.

So they will argue that they aren't closing or developing on any riding areas.
But why should they get to develop what has been sold to us riders as critical coyote habitat?

I am new to this subject so I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere before.