Quantcast

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Well NOW it's sunny out dammit!!

I'm curious about trail 7..........I only like "down"....
If you're starting @ the very top, it's really trail 5 -> 6 -> 7 (which imo is one trail, not 3!)

The top of 7 is ladder bridges and rocks. It's steep in places and pretty tight.

The middle & bottom are a bit higher speed. Lots of berms in rapid succession and pretty tight.

Top to bottom, it felt like about 90 seconds. Seriously.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah I don't doubt that. But it's 15 mins from my driveway....
It's worth checking out for sure - I'm glad I went. It's about 45 mins drive for me and right now doesn't have much return appeal for me.

Trail-segment #9 is pretty gnarly, steep, rocky... and short!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
It's worth checking out for sure - I'm glad I went. It's about 45 mins drive for me and right now doesn't have much return appeal for me.

Such is Mont Rigaud....same with skiing. But it's good for little kids (which i just happen to have)

I've already investigated teaching skiing there in the winter....what with my being (once upon a time) certified and all). Hoping to get my kids into the ski school there in the winter.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

If you climb, it could be your 1-stop shop for some multi-activity fun!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Alone too. Returning to NYC today and wife and kids are not back before August 23rd. Compay party Friday and no kids to wake me up with a hangover the next day.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001

Currently in the rigaud parking lot. Bottom to Top to bottom in a half and hour. I think. I really took my time going up. Very out if shape. Got a little turned around up top. I zigged when I should have zagged. But I don't think trail 7 took me more than 3 mins to descend.

Too hot/humid for another lap. But thefirst step of the thousand mole journey has been taken.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Currently in the rigaud parking lot. Bottom to Top to bottom in a half and hour. I think. I really took my time going up. Very out if shape. Got a little turned around up top. I zigged when I should have zagged. But I don't think trail 7 took me more than 3 mins to descend.

Too hot/humid for another lap. But thefirst step of the thousand mole journey has been taken.
Cool. Yeah - trail 3 takes a while to go up. It seemed more fun up than going down that one actually, because down is pretty flat and you want to go fast, so you really work it. After going up 3 once, , I decided to just go ride the ski slope... took about 10 mins.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just remember inserting things in your anus is foolish when nobody is home to call 911. So slow down or just stick to rubbing one out to reruns of friends.... We all know thats the point of this thread. No worries though as we aren't going to just stop by so you can have an Aha moment you sick bastard.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Somehow we knew that. What we really want to know is after a Helicopter is built do you go somewhere private and touch yourself, then touch the controls in the Helicopter. Do you get off when the Pilot gets pinkeye after the Maiden flight? Do they actually call it the Maiden flight or do the have some Homo Erotic Euphemism for it?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Has the novelty worn off?
Getting there. I skyped with the girls today....so it was nice to see then while talking to them.

I did do some manly work today....involving lumber and saws and screws. (small project that has been bugging me for a while). As some may recall, when i first bought this house it had a spa right up against the deck. The spa was a POS so I got rid of it. Ever since, the deck had had an unfinished side.

So I'm wrapping the stair around. I just need to install the the actual step boards and riser. (ran out of daylight).

Not exactly eric strt6 caliber work.....but I am a fraction of the man that he is anyway... so it works out.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Since you have nothing better to do , are you coming to monkeyfest ?
Monkeyfest? what monkeyfest? There's a monkeyfest? If there's something going on, why keep it such a big secret?? Maybe SAY something about it! Like when it is being held!!

Rrrrreal nice guys.....

Gawwwd.

(and Aug 4-8 are the exact dates that i will be in Vancouver with Da Peach)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Thanks (it might look a little better right now). Freshly vacuumed.... Amazing what a crippling mortgage can buy you....

And crappy crap. My table saw just died. It's a cheapie plastic Ryobi that my dad gave me when he got a better one. and it is a few years old...so I guess it doesn't owe anyone anything. But crap...bad timing for me.

fark I'm dumb. Forgot i had it plugged into a GFI outlet. It tripped....nevermind..

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Yeah....you'd have to meet my dad.

He's the sweetest guy you'll ever meet. ALWAYS eager to help anyone. I mean really. And he will go out of his way like no-one else.

However....when it comes to projects like this....for him, the end-result is almost not even a consideration. It's all about the process for him. Therefore he rarely likes doing things the same way twice. For him it's fun to find new an exciting ways to use tools for things other than what they were designed to do.

I on the other hand....who work in a production environment, am all about "git 'er done"....

And then the debate over having corners line up vs lines being parallel...the deck I was working on is pretty old...the ground has moved, the wood has worn. So what I was adding onto was a little cockeyed. So figuring out how to cheat to make things line up was a bit of a trick. I prefer to have the corners line up and skewing the lines a little. Dad prefers making things 100% parallel and trimming off the corners after.

So it was this kind of stuff that slowed it down.

But in the end, he's having a good time...and the steps got built. A few years ago, this use to drive me absolutely nuts. But....there are worse things in life than having your Dad WANT to help you with something.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
feet in the pool.....laptop on my lap...is that a dumb idea?
I always wanted to try having my laptop on my lap while floating in the pool on one of the inflatable lounge chairs sipping a beer. Never did have the balls.

Maybe use my old backup laptop.....