Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
But in the end, he's having a good time...and the steps got built. A few years ago, this use to drive me absolutely nuts. But....there are worse things in life than having your Dad WANT to help you with something.
Building my deck was insane. I thought I was going to learn something. A carpenter friend of my dad's came over for nothing and framed it in and all I had to do was help him. Then screw the deck boards down to his finished frame.

He did this crazy thing where he mounted a board to the house and built a section of deck held up by 2x4's that was level. Then he'd attach the next section held up by another 2x4, level it and build out from there.
He built the whole frame without a single supporting post.

Then we dug the holes for the concrete and filled them, capped the 6x6 posts, sat them on the concrete, bolted them to his floating frame and cut the tops off.

It was PERFECTLY SQUARE and PERFECTLY LEVEL. I learned nothing. It was like watching a magic show!:confused:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I always wanted to try having my laptop on my lap while floating in the pool on one of the inflatable lounge chairs sipping a beer. Never did have the balls.

Maybe use my old backup laptop.....
Make sure to run an extension cord from the house so you can plug in your power cord. It'd be a cruel twist of fate to be floating around and have it die on you.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Rode whistler today. Wow. So tired. And it was almost as frustrating as it was fun. I used to know the trails so well. I'm Johnny brake check. Pitiful display. But it was fun to be back. And the devinci wlsm I rented is pretty nice. Though it's sprung a little stiff for me. And I'm used to super tacky high rollers. Not the 60's. And I find the Bars a little wide. I know. A poor musician and all. But it is pretty nice. It would be even better if I could customiZe the set up for me.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Just did two laps of Rigaud.....Amazing what a couple of days at whistler can do to blow the dust off.

And I was able to get around the pump track 4 rimes without a single pedal stroke. (yes...that's a lot for me)

Good way to kill two hours.....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Just did two laps of Rigaud.....Amazing what a couple of days at whistler can do to blow the dust off.

And I was able to get around the pump track 4 rimes without a single pedal stroke. (yes...that's a lot for me)

Good way to kill two hours.....
Nice :)