Quantcast

All-Around Wheelset?

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
So what do you guys think would be the better all-around/semi-light wheelset thats not too expensive but will last me a good while. I was looking between Sun singletracks and Mavic 325 but if y'all have and suggestions/opinions they would be greatly appreciated.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
You listed rims, not wheelsets. If you're looking for inexpensive stuff, prebuilt sets are the way to go. Azonic Outlaw are the best bang for your buck.

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
You listed rims, not wheelsets. If you're looking for inexpensive stuff, prebuilt sets are the way to go. Azonic Outlaw are the best bang for your buck.
sorry, i meant to say rims
yea ive heard of the outlaws but i think i could build up a set at my local shop cheaper cause i already have some hubs sittin around with nothin on em

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I have a set of singletracks on a hardtail, they work really well, and are light and strong. Haven't had to true them yet, no dents. They get my vote. (oh yeah, also found a deal on them from jensonusa and got both for $30)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I run Singletracks, Im 245 and run them for AM and DH, no problems at all, Only thing i would suggest though if your going to run singletrakcs, is have them hand built by someone who is really good. On top of that the Price is right, its a good wheel, and its not heavy. Youll like how they ride

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
What kind of hubs do you have? Depending on what rim you go with and how much its gonna cost you for someone to build them up.. I would just suggest Outlaws I am 245lb too and these wheels are super strong and they are light.. You can get a set easy for $200 bucks on ebay these wheels are great had them on my DH now I switched them to my AM bike.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Another vote for the Outlaws. They aren't as light as some really expensive race wheels, but they're light enough for every day use. They're also super cheap, so you can absolutely trash them and not worry.

--JP

Jun 21, 2007
Boston
if you want to use your hubs you can build them up with Alex Supra D rims.... that's the rim azonic uses in the outlaw wheelset.. azonic uses the 36hole version, but you'll have to match it to your hub